Scammy Dispute Resolution?

cdreynolds
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I recently purchased an item from a seller who's website did not send a confirmation or anything else after they received payment.  The e-mail listed doesn't accept incoming e-mails.

I filed a dispute, and they have responded that they will send the item when I cancel the dispute.  I've told them I would cancel the dispute if they sent the item.

Is there a way I can ask PayPal to suspend their account since these are obvious scammers?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cdreynolds

Paypal are not going to suspend someones account on the strength of one dispute, but if they get lots of disputes then paypal may well review their account.

Do not close the dispute until you have a cleared refund OR your item.

Personally I would escalate to a claim right now as the seller is trying to scam you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if they have the item in stock,they can ship and upload tracking,then once it is delivered,the case will close and the money will be returned to them.

But if they keep insisting for you to close the dispute,either they need the money to go and buy your item or they dont know how dispute works.

You can escalate to get PAYPAL review,once the case is closed in your favor,you can buy again.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.