Scam?

gclark
New Community Member

Hi, looking at the below email do people think this might be a scam? Have there been similar scams before? It came through to me through freelancer.com

Hi Gareth,

We are an online marketing company that specializes in reviewing products. Recently, many customers have requested us to review their products, and we are in need of new partners to help us accomplish this. We'll send you the link to the bid, and then send you money through PayPal. You'll buy the products, and give us your review. 

We'll pay $5 per review.

No investment and no experience are required!

If you are interested, please contact us, and we can arrange a test. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.

Regards,

James

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Why do you think it is a scam?  What do you mean be a scam for this?

Look at the text.  You bid on something.  The company sends you money.  You buy the product.  Then the company pays you for a review.

Even if true, it doesn't make sense.  If a company wants you review products the company sends you product FREE.  You give honest revew and then keep the product.  Why would a company buy your review.

Whether scam or not, it doesn't make sense to run away.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.