Scam of computer by someone stating they are representative of AVG secutity

kwbembcwb434473
Contributor
Contributor

On 26 Feb I received two e mail messages, one from a person identifying themselves as representatives of AVG security who I have dealt with

previously and indicating I owed them $106.99 for two years protection on my computer. Upon attempting to install the new license it would

not display 4 options, but only two which did not allow me to download the new code. I contacted AVG representatives and they advised the

memo or e mail is not from them , and someone has gained access to my computer and this allowed them to give out information that appeared

sincere.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kwbembcwb434473

ok and that has to do with paypal how?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kwbembcwb434473
Contributor
Contributor

This scam is part of pay  pal being scammed also , as at the same time there was a message from pay pal indicating they had

authorized a payment by master card held on file (by pay pal )  I have received a new credit card and will notify you by phone

of  the number. I felt that by using pay pal this would guarantee any payments made would be properly authorized. Appears

we both were used., on this. Master card has advised they will reimburse me the $106.99.

Ken

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi kwbembcwb434473,

Unauthorized activity can definitely be a concern! I would advise checking this post for more information regarding next steps. I hope this information helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.