Scam alert!

Ylohj
Contributor
Contributor
I need help!! Im just new in paypal! and I bought a laptop.and the seller requested payment via PayPal in friends /family. Because she saying about tax! And now the question is how can I return my money back??
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you already sent the money, then just consider it a gift you can't take back.

Now, take some time to become educated about all things PayPal before your attempt to buy or sell anything.  Follow all the  forum discusssions for a month and also read and understand PayPal User Agreement.

And, do not use PayPal to buy or sell any electronics unless you consider yourself a PayPal expert and more knowledgable than any scammer; scammers are really smart.

Login to Me Too

Ylohj
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I sent it already! is there no other way??? That was truly sad!!! :'(
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you had funded with a credit card you could dispute with the credit card bank.

I assume, however, with your rush for a deal that was too good to be true, you didn't bother to link a credit card to your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Ylohj
Contributor
Contributor
Because I dont use credit card.any other options? She scam not only me. :'(
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You have your own problem of using PayPal withing understanding payments and protection.  You problem could have been avoided if you had learnd about PayPal before selling.

If other people are having a similar problem, let them resolve their own issues.  Focus on protecting your own finances.  Your scam was totally avoidable by you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.