Random settings changes

jhooker1
New Community Member

Logged into my account today due to a number of odd emails from paypal in my email inbox.  I had to recover my account and change the password due to the site not recognizing my password (which I confirmed and tried to enter a couple times).  Once I logged in, I found that the default language setting had been changed from English to Spanish, and my time zone had been changed from US Eastern Daylight Savings time to US Pacific time.  Once I corrected this, I checked for fraudulent and unauthorized activity, but found none-I went back three years and nothing was amiss.  The attached debit card, bank account, contact information, and billing address were all correct and up-to-date as of the last time I had used the account.  Is it possible this is just a software update glitch or should I turn in a help ticket just to cover my backside?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, jhooker1. Thanks for posting your question here in the PayPal Community! I'm glad to hear you were able to regain control of your PayPal account and there were no unauthorized transactions. If you want to submit a report to PayPal, please log on to your account and click the link for the Resolution Center (scroll down almost to the bottom of the Summary Page and look on the left side).

In the Resolution Center, click the link that says Report A Problem. Scroll down on the next page and click Continue. If you need to report a transaction as unauthorized, click the radio button next to the transaction and then click continue. If you don't have any transactions that need to be reported, the next page will say, "If you continue, this case will be filed as an unauthorized issue." Click the link beneath that which says I Want To Report Unauthorized Activity. You'll be able to provide the details you mentioned on the next page.

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.