Proof of delivery for virtual services.

T-A-J
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

We have a website where we use another payement mode than Paypal just because of "litige problem".

Actually we buy and sell games money, witch means all tradings are done in games and the only proof we have is screen of exchange in game and conversation history + order history of our costumer in our B.O

Some players use paypal to buy from our website then they get the money / Goods, in game from us and once done, they just open litige in Paypal saying that they got nothing, and they get money back, we send proofs to paypal (screens of conversations/screens of tradings in game with time of trade and time of conversation in Live chat, and screen of order in B.O, but it still not enough and not recognized by paypal)

What kind of proof we can deliver to paypal in this case to avoid such problems ?

We are interested in using paypal because majority of players prefer use Paypal, but we need a way to protect our selfs from scammers who use litige service.

Thank you for reading.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

online viewable tracking from commercial carrier.

Login to Me Too

T-A-J
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply but i do not understand what you mean by online tracking, in our case we make exchange in game from our account to the custumer account.

How i can set tracking for such trading ?

Can you please clearify ?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

when you ship a physical item,you use a commercial carrier such as USPS,UPS,FEDEXP,DHL and they give you

a trackingnumber which you can use to track the package online.

This is what Paypal requires you to  show when your customer opens a case of item not received,the tracking number should say it has been deliveredto his paypal address in the Paypal payment notice.

please read Paypal terms and seller protection before you lose money,there is no seller protectionf or digital goods,etc,

WE ARE GETTING TIRED OF PEOPLE SIGNING UO WITH PAYPAL AND NEVER BOTHER TO READ ITS TERMS,

Login to Me Too

T-A-J
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like you did not fully read my problem.

I told "Actually we buy and sell games money, witch means all tradings are done in games and the only proof we have is screen of exchange in game and conversation history + order history of our costumer in our B.O"

I do not trade any physical product, all is virtual and the exchange is going in games (Between our player and the custumer player).

Please read again my problem.

Anyone else have some solutions to suggest please ?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

read Paypal seller protection for what is not protected.

there is so much wishful thinking in cyberspace,your problem is what you sell is not covered by Paypal seller protection,there must be ONLINE VIEWABLE TRACKING SHOWING IT HAS B EEN DELIVERED TO BUYER ADDRESS FROM A COMMERCIAL CARRIER,NO EXCEPTION.

IF $75O OR MORE,SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED.

Now some buyers may not have a shipping address registered with Paypal as they use their Paypal account to deal in virtual/digital transactions.In that case,you are wasting your time trying to ship anything 

Login to Me Too

T-A-J
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this i understand fully.

But Today in 2018 (soon) virtual webspace became important and many websites are selling virtual products and we need some tool to be covered also from scammers who buy in our stores and after they receive the virtual product they go to Paypal and claim money back.

We need something from Paypal, community is not only to know what we already have, but also to be able to create better options.

And if Paypal should not Cover us in virtual space then they must also not cover Costumers (If you cover the buyer by litige service in ALL kind of products then you should cover also seller in ALL kind of products).

And since Paypal have noted to SELLERS that we are not protected in A and B and C, they should also note the same thing to buyers and tell them you are not protected in A, B, C.

Or they should give us a way to proof virtual tradings in games, because this is a need, it exists and we need a solution to make it in rules.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

get a merchant account and start accepting credit cards,merchant account provider may accept your proof .

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I download songs from Itunes,they dont accept Paypal but they accept credit cards.

may be you can issue some giftcards and mail it with tracking,they use your giftcards to spend on your site.

Login to Me Too

T-A-J
Contributor
Contributor

I have a merchant Paypal account and i am making a video recording of all my transactions in game done by Paypal.

Till now nobody claimed any problem i have 0 litiges and i am glad.

But i know that costumers have 180 days now to open a litige (please correct me if i am wrong), so i hope once someone try to open a fake litige and take money back paypal will accept my video as Proof.

Whac thank's you are the only one replying on my issue here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.