OUTRAGEOUS. Clear and proven buyer fraud. Paypal putting ME (seller) in collections?!

EG0R
Contributor
Contributor

I have seen many posts like mine. This has got to stop!  In general, if Paypal is not protecting us why  should we put our trust and our money in it's hands? Where is my seller protection? ANYONE can file a dispute with their bank to avoid PayPals decisions. And they do it all the time. Can't Paypal out maneuver a simple lie?

This was not an ebay transaction. Instead I did business with this person on a regular basis for a couple of years using the convenience of PayPal for payment. So when the situation ended, we were both fair and square as far as payment went, then well over two months after this particular transaction--the date of the transaction was May 23, 2017, and she disputed it August 9, 2017, she claimed she never received the items. Why, I have no idea. Maybe her feeling were hurt or something? But I provided tons of evidence including texts of her thanking me for receipt,  and Fex-Ex receipts proving sent and successful delivery dates/times to Paypal, and they sent it on to her bank where she initiated the "dispute".

On my PayPal resolutions page it says there is one case pending. PENDING. Not determined or decided. I have made 3  phone calls to PayPal, and was told  it could take 60 - 180 days for a decision.  I was upset that is showed a negative balance on my account, and the rep told me it shows negative balance on my account because the bank sides with their cusomer until evidence to the contrary proves it wrong (which I know bc I have been on the other side of that). Paypal told me the matter is not decided yet because the bank has not sent Paypal notice of their decision. after they forwarded on my evidence. Therefore the status of the matter is still "pending" with PayPal.

Today I got an email from PayPal stating if I didn't put money in my account to cover it they are sending me to collections. I came back onto PayPal just now and see the matter is still "pending". I am furious! How DARE PayPal threaten ME and ruin MY credit?  Souldn't they be protecting me and going after a clear act fraud?

If someone knows what I can do, please tell me. She's mentioned her bank on the past, but I don't remember it, and PayPal won't tell me. I would go directly to the bank with my evidence if I could. It's just so outrageous! 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

PayPal's main interest is to make profit and also protect themselves first. By default buyer is also always right even when he or she is clearly wrong, sellers are the least important for PP.

This sounds like chargeback?
If you can prove that the item has been received and you did ship it to correct address then seller protection should protect you. If the item value was 750USD or more then signature is also required.

I think your only choice is to pay PayPal or try to hurry up the process before PayPal limits you.

Login to Me Too

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I don't know how to edit my last message but I meant if the value was 750USD or more, to be exact.

EDIT: Well now I know how to edit...

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal owns the merchant account to accept credit cards,not us.

we are just subaccounts within Paypal account,the cc issuers do not know us.

There fore ,you cannot contact her cc issuer,

Paypal protects itself,since it owns the merchant account,chargeback hits Paypal,so it wastes no time t o lock up the money from your account in case you lose,plus $20 chargeback fee if you lose.

You said you have Fed EXP tracking,  is it shipped to her Paypal address and shows delivered,then you are coverred by Paypal seller protection ($750 or more,signature required),you item must be eligible for protection.

review can take a long time,so be patient.

you can also call your buyer since you two have been doing business for years.

if you do not cover the negative balance,all future payments coming into your account would be used to fill the deficit balance.

BTW,PAYPAL needs proof,online viewable tracking from commercial carrier,not emails or videos   /

(calm down and give her a call,ask her to cancel the chargeback if she has received the shipment)

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I just reread your post,you said yo have forwarded tracking and emails from her thanking you,the cc issuer clerk does read emails and pictures,unlike Paypal robot,so you should win the chargeback,keep your finger crossed.

the problem with accepting cc via paypal is that you dont get to talk to her cc issuer,if you have your own merchanta ccount,you can ask your bank to speak for you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.