Multiple attempted account hacks?

VinylAddict
Contributor
Contributor
About 6 months ago, I got an email and a text message from PayPal, informing me that someone from Portland OR tried to access my account. I had to change my password and verify my account. Well, today, I got the same email and text message. Someone from Portland OR again. So I verified my account and changed my password again. Well, I just got the same text and email AGAIN. Only this time, I never was asked to verify my account or change the password. I accessed my account as if all was normal. Am I the only one that gets the issue with Portland?
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Are you absolutely certain the messages were from PayPal?

Where there any internal messages on your PayPal account?

Did you phone PayPal to confirm?

Login to Me Too

VinylAddict
Contributor
Contributor
Yes when I returned to PayPal, it asked me to create a new password etc. I tried to Email PayPal but all I got was some automated response about help on changing my password. What a joke. I replied with "Can I speak with a human being please?", but haven't heard back yet.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you want to speak to somone you will need to make a phone call.

Login to Me Too

VinylAddict
Contributor
Contributor
I tried, and after 30 minutes on hold, I hung up. PayPal's customer service is an absolute disgrace. We are talking about fraud, and no one at PayPal seems to care.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No one ever said contacting PayPal by phone was easy.  It will take a lot of patience and a heap of persistence.

Login to Me Too

VinylAddict
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is in control of my money. You don't find it odd that they are so difficult to get in touch with? I find it appalling.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It may be apalling, but that doesn't change the fact that one must be persistent and patient to reach someone at customer service, as difficult as it is.

Once you get your money, it may be best to look for a service which provides better customer service.  You can't change PayPal but you can change where you do business.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.