How to prevent from fraudulent chargeback?

eprosper
Contributor
Contributor

"Chargeback" is getting ridiculous. I have a website that provides services in the form of memberships. If a user decides to get a membership, she goes to Paypal to make a payment herself and comes back to my site. There is no authorized payment of any kind in the process. But I have got two cases that a user filed "unauthorized payment" after they used the services. Paypal told me that their credit card issuer decided to make the case on user's favor, and their payments are reversed. And I paid $20 fee. How can I understand this?  Can someone purchse something in a store with their credit card and claim to their issuer after that she did not do the purchase and get money back? Where does the rule stands? The line between "stealing" and "purchsing" is gone! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

howdeedewdee
Contributor
Contributor

I had someone buy from me several times last year starting in May...In December they made 5 purchases at 14000.00 each.  Now they bypassed Pay Pal and went to their credit card company for a charge back. I have tracking and signature. They claimed not as described . They are scammers. Anyone know how to stop this

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.