Help! Hacked?

VincentPham
New Community Member
For some reason at 4:30 AM in the morning my Facebook messenger connected PayPal and payed a totally random name 35 dollars and now my bank account is -$25 dollars.. and I have two pending transactions on my PayPal but it won't let me dispute my first one that's completed! Any ideas or recommendes course of action?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

VincentPham
New Community Member
It will not let me remove my bank from my account or dispute any of the pending purchases. I really need help.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It would help if you explained details of the transactions.

You could also phone PayPal support for direct assistance with your account.

Login to Me Too

Amylu
Contributor
Contributor

Me too...I keppt having charges that had no identifying information ..justt the dollar amount. Then it would become "ebay inc" in a day or two  in the meantime i had no idea who it was and what's freaky in  the screenshots i took at the time of no info are totally blank!  I felt like i was going crazy until i had one show up as ebay when i was on with  ebay and she said, "that's not us".  the real website has no record of the fale website!  i had 4 valid transactions but 50 showed up on pp. all took my money! even worse it went on  for months bc the scammers charged the same amount opver and over and saoid "failed attempt" so it looks like they cant put the charge thru but thet are taking money each time.  Scammers know that victims wont see pattern bc they dont get to talk to samr person twice. Also they know hold times,lack of iniative or customer service , and that you assume YOU made a mistake, especially as a seller, but as you see the transactions get more and more frequent, bc the scammers know certain payments and holds are generated by ebay reagrdless of who's right or wrong , there s so much churning of ur account, you dont ever get a long enough period of quiet to assessdamage. i was screaming at ebay saying "stop taking my money! "  amex told me this is a scam they have experienceed that incorortes identity theft of te principal, the merchan site, various buyers, and they still havent figured the initial contact.  IM WONDERING IF IT COULD BE  AN unNRELated loan app on line? Vance, all i can tell you is screensho t everything and know that thei inconceivable ie possible,  fb could say there is no withdrawal on your account, but if you saw it w your eyes you're not crazy. tell them, no--- there is no transaction visible to your screen maam, but thereis one visible to me. eventually you'll grab a pull w a screenshot, if your crooks are in it for the long term.  i wish there was a dedicated number for fraud victims. sitting on hold is salt in wound.  screenshot everything! good luck! just know the phone centers will insist on what THEY see, remind them it is not necessatily the whole picture. they "dont know that they dont know" , a true blind spot, there is a parellel spoofed site out there intercepting money or pulling money out.  good luck!  im anyone is interested in the mechanics of this scam i will post oit once my caseis closed and im refunded. and if there are any scammers lurking here, stay far away from here. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you use your smart phone,security may not be as good as PC or Laptop,you download something and the malware gets into your phone,follow you around when you go to some financial sites,so it happens to many who use their phone to conduct financial transactions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.