Furious with Paypal - Digital vendor requires shipping of digital item for refund

Jason1911
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a software and it was so full of bugs and problems I could not get it to work.

The seller agreed to refund and I'm not sure of what they did but paypal required that I ship the item back to them.

There was no physical goods to ship and in the resolution form I had to write that it was digital goods and could not ship.

I assume the seller knows this is a trick with paypal and said goods not returned and now the case is closed and I am out of pocket $400.

Since the case is closed I cannot re-open it or get a refund for that transaction.

HELP!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Jason1911
Contributor
Contributor

Jason1911
Contributor
Contributor

Jason1911
Contributor
Contributor

hello paypal

respond

Login to Me Too

Jason1911
Contributor
Contributor

Jason1911
Contributor
Contributor

so seriously nobody else has ever experience this issue before?

You buy something digital and it turns out to be crap but you can't get a refund because the vendor requires physical shipping in the dispute form.

When the vendor marks that you have not returned the item by shipping the case is closed in paypal and you can do absolutely nothing to get paypal to refund the money.

Pure scam

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.