False emails

Jessiemay210
New Community Member
Any else keep getting emails with the purchase of something ridiculous like a man's watch or 4000$ in something please be careful not to click on the links, it takes you to a website that is not PayPal and asks you to log in. So make sure your browser says the correct website before you give your password and username!!!!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @Jessiemay210!

Great catch! Thanks for spreading the word to help other PayPal customers stay safe! 😄 To follow up, I wanted to share some additional things that may indicate the email is a phishing email:

• Generic email greetings: We’ll always address you by your first and last name.
  • Attachments: We’ll never email you attachments or software updates.
  • Deceptive URLs or false links.
  • Wrong, out of date or out of place logos, design and type.
  • Upsetting or urgent statements demanding you react immediately.
  • Bad spelling and grammar.
  • Requests for financial or personal information.
  • Amazing, too good to be true offers.

When someone receives a phishing email that poses to be from PayPal, we want to know about it! Here's how to report the message to us and what to do after:

1. Do not change the subject line and do not forward the message as an attachment.
  2. Forward the email to spoof@paypal.com.
  3. Delete the email from your inbox.

More info on suspicious emails here.

Thanks! 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.