Closed disputes with no recourse

Ys51
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal closed my disputes (I am the buyer). The seller gave PayPal a receipt of shipment from UPS. I don't think PayPal ever investigated the receipt because the delvivery was made to another person in a different town NOT TO ME!!! When I called UPS they confirmed the delivery but unfortunately not to me. In Summary I paid $300.00 for someone else to get my merchandise. UPS won't do anything because they delivered to the information that was on the packages. PayPal says for me to pursue it with the seller. I emailed the seller numerouse times with no reply. What can I do now? I would like my items or my money. PayPal leaves me with no recourse, they closed the disputes and thats it. I read that in a dispute the seller should show proof that he shipped to the buyers address not someone elses.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what is the zipcode of the address UPS delivered to and what is your shipping addr zipcode.

if they are the same,robot will close the case in seller favor.

Login to Me Too

Ys51
Contributor
Contributor

the  delivered Zip is 02649  should have gone to 02717. Not even close.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

THERE IS another case here on this forum for a $8000 watch,shipped UPS with tracking and signature,first tracking was to a 99 cents store,second was also to some outfit but not the buyer address,signed for by another person but buyer kept losing the case?

is there an appeal button?

where did you buy it?

When a buyer files item not received with Paypal,robot usually tackles the case first ,it will take tracking number and go to UPS site and look for code which said delivered to buyer address.

and in your case,there should be no match,you need to call or appeal so a human would look into it.

Login to Me Too

Ys51
Contributor
Contributor

PayPals email to me only lets me appeal if I recieved the items and they were damaged or not as described. No options to appeal their decision, at least I don't see any options. This is crazy, I thought paying through PayPal was safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.