Avoid Selling Digital Goods on eBay

Anona1
New Community Member

Recently I sold game keys on eBay, not knowing the consequences of charge-backs I later was devastated.

I had over 15 cases opened, every case charging me $20 in fees. 95% of those transactions I was paying more in fees than the payment of the transaction itself. In every case that buyers opened on me through paypal I have sent proof of delivery of the game keys that I have sold, yet I still get slapped with losing the case AND an additionial $20 EVERY unauthorized purchase claim. How can people still get away with such obvious fraud!?!!

I am not looking forward to paying the rest of the fees for the FALSE claims that buyers have opened. What I would advise every person, avoid selling game codes through ebay as you will lose lots of money in the long run. If paypal doesn't help me (I have been on hold for an hour after asking for a supervisor) I will have to pay an extra $200 in fees to finish off the rest of my cases. 

I am getting scammed and paying the scammers fees in the end, it's a lose-lose situation and I wouldn't EVER go back to selling digital goods on eBay or any other site involving paypal payments knowing how the disputes actually work.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

goodboykr
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Digital goods are not covered for seller protection unless you use PayPal's Developer Tools for digital goods. If you're selling game codes yourself, you can ask the buyer if they are willing to send it via friends and family so they cannot dispute it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.