Appealing case wrongfully favored to the buyer

RachelK_VA
New Community Member
Hello, A claim case opened by a buyer was closed 2 days ago by PayPal in favor of the buyer, refunding her. However, I have postal receipt + tracking # all showing that according to USPS tracking the package was in fact received by the buyer!! According to the website a seller has 15 days to appeal a closed case. However, when I go to enter the tracking information to submit my appeal I get an error message saying "option not available". This woman now not only has my merchandise but also got her $$ back -- so she got it for free! I have emailed PayPal and also am awaiting a call back from the 1-800 number. Anyone else go through a similar experience? Were you able to resolve this? If so, how?!
Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Actually, I believe they do with Priority and registered mail services.

If not available, then choose to not ship; it's a simple business risk decision.

Login to Me Too

SamuelEyeAm
New Community Member

This happened to me as well. I sent the person a digital code for an Xbox Live game and as soon as they got the code, they reported their credit card as stolen. COMPLETELY UNREAL. The code is completely useless to me now! I even tried entering it on the Microsoft website to see if the code was still good... REDEEMED.

Login to Me Too

Oxley
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am in the exact same case here. The tracking service proves the order was delivered but the buyer was reimbursed + I get a chargeback.
So, I "lost" the products + I "wasted" money for the shipment + I got a chargeback.
===> GOOD JOB PayPal!!!
The case is closed mentioning the transaction was not eligible for Seller Protection... Protection for what? Do I need to pay for a "shield" in order to get my money when I can prove my clients have been delivered?!

What am I missing here? (on top of my money!)

I can't contact the resolution center when clicking on the case in order to report a problem. I click on the case and it says:
"Let's try that again

Looks like something went wrong on our end. Let's try that again."
I tried 10 times without success...

Is there another way to contact the resolution center? Could I dispute a decision when a case has been closed?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.