Account stolen. Security department not answering. Useless message centers. What should I do?

ysungjin
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

My account has been stolen. And of course unauthorized payment has been made. As soon as I got sms of EUR 411.xx credit card payment , I stopped my credit card and could prevent further payment. My problem is I have no way to contact paypal to resolve my issue.

At first, I called customer service, talked to the agent about my situation and was transfered to security department.

I waited more than 5 minutes however nobody answered. (Sadly it was international call!) I called next day and talked to agen but got no answer from security department again.

I also tried to contact paypal by message center. It was really useless. I explained my account had been stolen and had unauthorized issue. However they are just answering like a machine saying that login in to account and open dispute blah blah... How can I login and open dispute when I have no accessible account? It seems that they never read a content and just answer like a machine depend on few keyword. (Actually first reply was auto replied message and second wasn't)

So what can I do to get my account back and request to cancel unauthorized payment?

Is there any channel other than call or email?

Since

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @ysungjin,

I'm so sorry to hear about the unauthorized access! I'm also very sorry to hear about your experience trying to contact support.

To report unauthorized activity, please follow these steps. That will allow you to open an investigation into the payment and re-secure your account.

If you still need to contact customer support, you can also reach out by Facebook and Twitter, besides the options for phone and email.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.