A seller that don't claim payment, don't ship item and don't answer my e-mail...

moon_powder
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone, I have a problem.

- I won an item on ebay, paid with paypal. 

- The seller don't ship, don't communicate and don't claim the payment.

What should I do? I'm 12 days in and kind of mad I can't open a dispute.
(because the payment is unclaimed)

Can the seller accept my payment on the last day just so I can't open a dispute?

I'm kind of worried that's what could happen.

I really want the item, but I don't want to loose my payment and have no item!

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If the payment is not accepted or claimed, PayPal will return the funds to you after 30 days.  As you have 45 days from the transaction purchase to open a dispute, the seller can't stall you past 30 days.  If the seller does claim the payment and then tries to get more time by having shipping issues or something else creative, you should open a dispute, wait a day or two then escalate it to a "claim".  Note you have 20 days from the date of the dispute to escalate it to a claim.  If you don't, PayPal assumes that you and the seller have resolved the issue and will close your dispute - you don't want that to happen because, once a dispute is closed, it cannot be reopened.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi moon_powder

The seller cant ship if the havent got the payment

If its unclaimed maybe its gone to the wrong email address

Is the seller new?

Ask the seller to go to their my ebay, sold page, find the transaction and click "more actions"

Then click "sell similar" > scroll down and double check their ppal email address is correct without any spelling mistakes.

If its wrong then they need to ask ebay chat for advice or if they respond to u come back for more advice or ask them to contact here.

If they dont respond the payment could take 60 days to come back to u if it remains unclaimed

Request the sellers contact info on ebay by clicking the "advanced" tab by the side of the search button , find a member, find contact info and call them. the seller will be sent your details a swell

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Have u got an option to cancel the payment?

Click on details and see if there is a cancel option click cancel

Login to Me Too

moon_powder
Contributor
Contributor

I can cancel on paypal or ebay?

The seller don't answer to any e-mail I have send (and I have sended nearly 50 of them!)

I have his phone but it's in China, I'm kind of scared to call. The seller won't speak english. 😞

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Dont send any more emails could be seen as harrassment

Open a dispute on ebay for item not received and dont bother wasting your time calling

Login to Me Too

moon_powder
Contributor
Contributor

I can't open a dispute on paypal because the seller has not claimed the payment.

How can I open a dispute on eBay?

Because when I do (on the item)  ->  more actions  ->  resolve a problem  ->  it redirect me to paypal

Really thank you to answer me.                                                                                                   

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Oh yeah sorry forgot u said that

Did u see if there was a cancel button in your ppal account if yes click details next to the transaction and cancel?

If u can cancel the payment will come back to u

If u dont have this option the payment wont be returned until after 60 days as long as it remains unclaimed

Login to Me Too

moon_powder
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see any cancel button. But, just to be sure, where would be this button?

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Find the transaction and click details at the side

See if there is a cancel option

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.