help unauthorized purchases

pattyJ
Contributor
Contributor

In March my home computer was hacked by a devastating virus. I was able to qyaranteen the virus and was seeking help on how to get rid of it, while still using the computer, a few days later, my computer was completely taken over by a ransomware virus saying it was from the FBI, and that i had to pay a 300 dollar fine in order to get access to my computer back, it was a scam and i knew that, little did i know however, it is/was the most lethal virus to EVER come into the eyes of any programmer I could get in contact with. My computer was completely trashed and everything in/on my computer was lost. It hd to be reapired at the manufacturer, because this virus was fatal. I lost everything. well , that took about 2 1/2 weeks. Whe I got it back  I had to start looking into my paypal account b/c I had tried to use it a few days prior and I knew it had funds in it, hundreds of dollars, but i could not complete a transactin.. So, out of desperation at that time, I added a debit card to my paypal through the mobile site on my iphone and was able to pay for a purchase. So it was a few days later that i was fiunally able to try and figure out what was going on by getting onto the full site..but when I got on there, all my funds were gone and then some, my bank account drained, and the debit card I had just linked days prior had already been charged a few things.I immediately called PP and told them what was going on, we went through first getting our pp account back under our control, which was a long time consuming process, because my email had been hacked too! So, finally all was safe, I prayed, and I got to go in and see the damage...16 unauthorized charges...OMG! I fileed for disputes on all of them , and started investigating myself, i found that all 16 unauthorized charges were for Digitally delivered items, i tried to speak with a couple companies but they just gave me the run around. Today was the 7th day counting the weekind. I havent heard anything from PP and im starting to worry. I have already contacted the police dept and we will be making  a formal compliant tomorrow to open a case for the theft, at the behest of our attorney. My question is, should i turn over all the pp stuff to my attorney or will paypal help me in this matter? Thanks in advance, i am just freaked out i think hackers should have their fingers cut off so as they can never type again!!!

Patty

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

So you computer had a virus, you "quarantined" it, then started using your computer again, before removing it.

Wow, you never should have used it till it was totally wied clean at least 3 + times.

My daughters laptop got a virus.  I used a program to cleaned it, and ran it again... showing it was wiped clean.

I then used a second progran and it found the virus, which the first program said had been removed from the computer.

Needless to say I used three programs before it wastotally wiped from the computer. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.