Should I file a claim?

LilBuddy
Contributor
Contributor

I reload my own ammunition and recently ordered a 2000 bullets from a company.  (Not live rounds, only the actual projectile.)

The package was sent USPS Priority Mail and was on time until something happened.  I had no idea and neither did USPS but it finally showed up about a week late.  The package was in bad shape.  USPS had actually put everything include the original box into a new box.

It seems that the can full of bullets (approx 55lbs+) had burst through the box and opened up.  I did not buy insurance.  But after some research, according to USPS policy, insurance does not cover poor packaging anyways.  I'm sure some of you will agree that a few pieces of newspaper can not properly support a large weight like that.  

Only 585 out of the 2000 bullets arrived.  I believe this is a case of poor packaging because the weight of the ammo can was not properly supported and obviously had free reign inside the single-walled flat rate box.

The seller has offered to send an addition 500 bullets, but no more.  He says it is not his fault that the package was damaged.

What should I do?  Take the addition 500 projectiles but also a loss of $90 or send everything back and file a PayPal claim?

In the picture attached below, you can see the "secure" newspaper packing material.  The corner show was actually "repaired" by USPS.  They tried to fix the original box by adding more tape to it, but eventually gave up and put everything in a new box.  You can see that the whole corner was once split.

ammo4.jpg

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

LilBuddy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much for your help.

I'll try to get all of this figured out!

Login to Me Too

LilBuddy
Contributor
Contributor

After some more reading, it seems that PayPal does not like firearms related goods.

Does this mean the guy violated their rules?

For example, using PayPal, you can’t buy or sell:

• Any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they’re for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms. 
  • Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.
  • Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.

-------------------

PayPal Buyer Protection only applies to payments for certain tangible, physical goods that can be shipped. Payments for the following are not eligible for re-imbursement under PayPal Buyer Protection:
Any item that is prohibited under the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy

Well that stinks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.