Send Return Item for Refund,Seller reluctant to pick up item/lie not receive.Can buyer get refund?

Nlliew
Contributor
Contributor

I have a question about sending a return item with tracking postage for refund from my seller Tomtop. 1) What if the seller lies or don't want to pickup the return item, am I entitle for my refund? I want to raise a very serious concern about this seller Tomtop who has history of lying about not receiving the return item. There is a similar case from 2 buyers with Tomtop as mentioned in this forum http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1301199  and http://uscomplaints.com/electronics-and-household-appliances/1086541-electronics-purchase-rip-off-sh... As a result,the buyer was not only unable to get back refund but also lost their return postage cost. 2) Will I end up like that buyer even though we did the right thing by return the item and the seller either lie or reluctant to pickup the item?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I'm trying to figure out what happened without all of your added and confusing commentary.

You purchased an item.

You don't like the item so you want to return it.

You plan to return it to the seller, with tracking.

You wonder what will happen if the seller refuses delivery.

I don't think it's possible to know the answer in advance.

There are risks that buyers and sellers accept in online transactions and PayPall cannot protect against those risks as PayPal doesn't inspect buyers and sellers.

In your specific case, more details are needed about the initial purchase and reason for return.  For an unhappy buyer, the first actrion would be to contact seller to work on a resolution.

Login to Me Too

Nlliew
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item. Received item on Jan

About 1 months later, the item is faulty to the extend unable to perform it main function.

Seller eBay advertised description said, it has 6 month manufacturer warranty

On 2nd Mar, the seller agreed it is faulty and promise to send me a replacement without require me to return faulty item.

1 month later emailed seller, where is the replacement? He said on the way.

2 month later emailed seller, where is the replacement? Again, he said on the way.

Until now, more than 3 months, no replacement received. Emailed Seller many times, no reply. Doubt they send me replacement.

Open a dispute case with PayPal, Paypal said I eligible for refund if I return the faulty item to seller and preferable with tracking.
I plan to return it to the seller, with tracking.
I wonder what will happen if the seller refuses delivery or responding to PayPal on the refund?

i done my research on Internet about this seller Tomtop. There are many buyers complaints against this seller, Tomtop.

i found 2 cases similar to my situation which those 2 buyers follow PayPal instruction and did return faulty item with tracking to the seller, Tomtop. In the end, this 2 buyers failed to get refund because the seller stalled long in responding. Past the PayPal time limit to the response. Case 1 http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1301199 and Case 2 http://uscomplaints.com/electronics-and-household-appliances/1086541-electronics-purchase-rip-off-sh...

I don't want to end up like them without getting refund even though I have followed PayPal correct procedure and instruction on returning the item with tracking.

My main concern is if I have followed PayPal correct procedure and instruction on returning the item with tracking, can I get my refund if seller refuses delivery or refuses responding to PayPal on the refund?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It seems like you should have done the research before buying.

Ok, so it's part of a dispute; that's important and was missing in the first post.

You really don't have but 2 options:  return or not return.  You can't be guaranteed the outcome of returning.

You pay for non-refundable tracked shipping return.  You SHOULD be OK as long as your record shows delivered, even if seller fails to claim.  However, seller could accept package and claim it was not the same item returned leaving it up to PayPal to decide who is honest.  PayPal will use information provided by buyer and seller and decide the case if seller disputes return.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.