Seller wants friends and family b/c "brand new account"?

kaztimur
New Community Member

I'm looking to make a Craiglist purchase via paypal, as requested by the seller, which was fine until he asked for it to be sent via friends and family because "his account is brand new and if not i'll have to wait 21 business days for the payment to be available." When I responded that I would lose purchase protection with friends and family he tried to assure me that "this is not true, it's for new accounts or you have to wait 21 days, if the account is not new then you have no protection but for a new account you do." Is any of that true? I had a hard time finding any information in the policies and definitely am not trying to get scammed like a bunch of others have been by using this transaction. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

He is talking rubbish.

1. You will have NO buyer protection if you send using the friends / family route to any paypal account.

2. He won't have to wait 21 days IF he sends your item trackable as the funds are released when the item shows as delivered + 3 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.