Security Measures Increased

Dennylove
Contributor
Contributor

I received this email today. I don't think I should do anything because when I came on the Paypal site I didn't see any messages for me. What do you guys think?

Dear Valued PayPal Customer,

Suspicious activities were caught by our security team that indicates someone was trying to use your account without your permission.

In a continuing effort to provide our users with state-of-the-art security, we limit accounts that may be in threat.

When PayPal limits your account, it means that you won't be able to do certain things with your account; you might not be able to send or withdraw money (temporarily).

An attachment is given to you through this notification. Please download and open it in your browser to verify your account.

The account will be restored back to its normal state after you have provided the legitimate information in the form.

Please do understand that this is a security measure intended to protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Notified by,
PayPal

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

How do you use PayPal?

The upgrade is for those who write PayPal payment apps for their stores.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220514bj
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal never refers to you as: Dear Valued PayPal Customer

This is a phishing attempt... clear and simple.  Best to ignore and/or report to PP for investigation.

Login to Me Too

streaming77
Contributor
Contributor

I have gotten this before. I can tell its coming from a spammer because when I go to block the email it normally show me a fake email address. It may seems its coming from Paypay, but the email or the site won't be a Paypal site.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.