Scammed by a guy.

uitpp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I know I can't trust anyone. But I did. Please, don't post if you don't want to help me or if you are going to discourage me. Let's explain it: I had 50$ Paypal. I wanted 50$ Paysafecard. So I gave to someone 50$ Paypal (by donation I saw after [he send me the perfect link to donate instead of pay by Skype and I trusted in him]) and after that he deleted me on Skype. After that (Inmediately after) I started a disput on Paypal. There were 2 options of disput (a) Article Disput and b) Unauthorized Transaction). I was nervous so I didnt know what to choose. So i chose the second option. Was that the correct one? Now I'm not sure if it will work, if I lost my money totally or if I can get it back. I repeat, I started the disput instantly after he deleted me on Skype (2-3 minutes after my donation). Will I get the money back? Thank you guys.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Lightspeeda
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there. Sorry to hear about your situation. Smiley Sad

Did you make the charge through a credit card? If so, you might be able to call up the credit card company and dispute the charges made. If this is the case, it's your best avenue at the time being.

I don't believe it's possible to make an article dispute with a payment that's gifted through PayPal. It *is* possible to make an Unauthorized Transaction claim, but I think it may be very difficult to make a case.

Unauthorized transaction claims are generally only made when someone has stolen your account. Unless you made the transaction while masking your IP in a different state or country, PayPal will see that you made both the transaction and Unauthorized Transaction claim at the same IP, which will significantly diminish your chances of a successful chargeback. You should keep in mind that they might also freeze your account for awhile to investigate.

If all else fails, you do have his PayPal email; if you can find any more information on him you could try to press criminal or civil charges, though it would be difficult considering the uncertain circumstances of the transaction.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.