Possible to Block Payments from Specific User?

MetaOrbit

Hi all, I have a rather unusual situation that started happening a couple days ago.

There is a particular ebay/paypal user who persists in sending me paypal payment for an item she purchased on eBay. I'm actually receiving the money in my account, and it says it's for a real eBay item - but it wasn't sold by me. 

I'm not even a regular seller, so this is especially perplexing. As of this morning, I have issued my 5th refund to this idiot, who, despite the 5 refunds and numerous emails I've sent explaining that they're paying the wrong person (and to contact the seller), they continue to do so. I fully expect to keep sending refunds to this idiot for all of eternity.

So - is there any way to block this person from sending me money? I would just ignore it and let it sit and let the user be penalized for their stupidity - but I fear that if I do that and they intitate a paypal dispute, that my account will get frozen during the investigation.

Is there anything I can do? Has anyone had to deal with this type of thing before? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

inblues
Contributor
Contributor

It would be very helpful if anyone can answer this question. I'm facing the same problem too. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi folks,

Welcome to the Community!

There is no way to block payments from a specific person, if they're sending to the email address on your account. You can, however, change the email address on your account. If you add a new email address and remove the old one, the payments will end up unclaimed, and they will automatically revert after 30 days.

If you change your email address and you sell on eBay, please make sure that you update your auction templates. The email address for payment is specified in each auction, not in your eBay settings. Sandypurins posted good instructions for updating the address in your auctions, if you need a visual aide.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.