PayPal communication

Temp20220622aw
New Community Member

I've been on paypal for around a decade now, never once any issues. However recently I was **bleep** over by a seller who provided an electronic good for me. About two weeks after the purchase I received an email from the company actually owning the electronic good saying that the purchase was unauthorized and the credit card had been chargedback and that I was now responsible for covering the cost of the purchase and my account would be frozen until such time. I contacted the seller who after close to a month did nothing at all. So I opened a Paypal dispute, and after another month Paypal, who never contacted me at all for information or with questions sent me an email saying the seller provided the good and basically sucks to be me. So I contacted their support asking why I wasn't allowed to prove their lying or asked any questions at all. Paypal gave me a very polite off subject reply that wasn't even remotely helpful to anything at all but said I could reply if it didn't help which I did so. They gave me a second slightly more on topic reply but to sum up didn't respond to any of my questions but rather was just a copy and paste of the original sucks to be you the seller wins email.

What should a buyer do in this instance?

I've passed tens of thousands of dollars through this site over the years, and in the end they can't even bother to help or answer a two second question the one time they're required to do anything but collect their share.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.