PayPal Dispute - In Favor of Buyer - Terrible Situation

kktunsta
Contributor
Contributor

Long story short, a buyer sent payment for items and picked them up.  A month later, reported his card stolen and transactions were reversed by Paypal investigation.

A few comments:

1. Buyer picked up the items, yet got a refund, so now they have the items AND the money.

2. Even with screenshot proof of agreement to meet and pickup items after payment confirmation, Paypal still sides with Buyer.

3. Granted I know the buyer and have spoken to him to get the mony that was refunded, if I wasn't lucky enough to know him somewhat personally, is it safe to say I'm sh*t out of luck with getting my money returned to me by Paypal?

Has anyone else gone through this and had the decision reversed without shipping information?  I feel that with proof of a pickup, that should constitute as evidence to have it reversed in my favor.  Also, if someone loses a credit/debit card, payments from that person's paypal account CAN'T BE MADE without that paypal account login information, correct?

Any help is welcome, thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paypal clearly states that there are exclusions to their buyer protection programme and one of those is for items that are collected.

The reason they don't provide seller protection for collected items is that if a buyer files a dispute for non receipt of item etc then you have to provide paypal with a tracking number to prove DELIVERY of the item to the buyer. You can't do that if the item was collected

That is why on ebay you are allowed to put on your auction that you will accept cash on collection of the item only.

That way you get cash in hand and no paypal fees !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kktunsta
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info.  Luckily I know where the guy lives so I was able to confront him and get the funds returned to me.

Crazy that Paypal wouldn't be able to implement some sort of option similar to eBay for picking up items.  Save shipping costs, and just attach a picture of the pick-up arrangement and actual pick-up.  Something, sheesh.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.