OTHER PEOPLE'S ADDRESSES IN MY DELIVERY LIST

mrsmorris
Contributor
Contributor

I have complained to PayPal on numerous occasions regarding three people who appear in my delivery list of addresses. I presumed they had tried to hack into my account and got to the point of typing in their delivery address then security kicked in and they could not progress. Of course you cannot edit the address list so they are stuck there. I do not like this one bit - its an insult - I have contacted Paypal and asked them to remove these three addresses (firstly reporting to the police) but this is not done and all I get back from Paypal is a general email telling me how to remove a postal address which does not work. Where do I go from here?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

twfeline
Contributor
Contributor

This just happened to me, too. The name of  A. Golukhov just showed up in my "pay to" list from out of nowhere. I have never paid this person, been paid by this person, nor have I tried to set up a "pay to" for this person. As far as I'm concerned, PayPal has been hacked. 

As you say, it's impossible to find out where to edit this list of people who can be paid. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Give paypal a call and they will remove them from the list for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

twfeline
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I guess I'll have to. (I found a way to do it once before. Irks me that I can't find it any more. Irks me that the site help info doesn't tell you. )

Login to Me Too

mrsmorris
Contributor
Contributor

I have telephoned PayPal several times but to no avail. I phoned on 27th May and they said they would remove them and I reset my password - they were still there. I sent message to them on 25th June and 18th August. On 19th August they actually emailed me that they accepted my unauthorised account claim. They went on to say that as I had changed my password no further action was required and the case is now closed. I emailed them 19th August and said why close my case - the 3 addresses ae still there, It’s a violation and very upsetting to see somebody has infiltrated my account. I emailed Watchdog and got no flipping reply from them. I then received a further email from PayPal saying that time is valuable and they had tailored this email to meet my needs - (what 6 pages). One paragraph is headed how to edit or remove a postal address - well its only there when I go to buy something and it goes into PayPal it’s not there when I just go directly into PayPal - I have old them this - but no help at all. I had asked PayPal if they would report these three addresses in Erith Kent, London SE16 2DT and London E1 0RD - do you think they did? The address in Kent is Housing Association so I wrote to them about their Tenant and got no reply. So it seems to be a conman, fraudster and thief - it’s okay as nobody is interested in justice.

Login to Me Too

twfeline
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the hint! Went to Manage Invoices and edit contacts. Happy now.

Login to Me Too

mrsmorris
Contributor
Contributor

So pleased you resolved your problem - I looked at this but it does not show delivery addresses so could not delete those 3 addresses. Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

twfeline
Contributor
Contributor

Send Request/create invoice/manage invoices/settings/address book/delete contact

Login to Me Too

MrsChow
New Community Member

Thank you TWFELINE!

I've been trying to do this for SO long... and just couldn't find it. Emails to paypal were not helpful either. Tried community chats too. Most said you cannot delete contacts from paypal list.

to Delete an unwanted unused old Contact :

Send Request/create invoice/manage invoices/settings/address book/delete contact

Of everything that PAYPAL is good for, this one item is falling short of my expectations from Paypal. Paypal sure doesn't make it easy to delete a contact. And the help section addresses everthing and anything except this item. 

HEY PAYPAL !!! FIX THIS PROBLEM !!! 

Thanks again TWFELINE for posting. Greatly appreciated. 

Login to Me Too

twfeline
Contributor
Contributor

For editting the clickable button list of people you can send money to.

To be specific as to the steps involved:  Start at summary page...

Send & Request/Create and manage invoices...
Settings/address book...
highlight a name, and you have the options to edit or delete

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.