Harassing Text Messages post sale

treymcd
New Community Member

Hey team,

I purchased an motherboard from a seller, and it arrived with bent pens in the processor port, the port wasn't covered, and another section was bent. I requested a refund from the seller and opened a dispute, the seller then proceeded to send vulgar and harassing text messages...

I'm a big boy who has been called much worse, but wanted to see if this stuff can be uploaded or used in the dispute? I was also wondering if anyone else has had an experience like this and what the best course of action would be to take? The buyer has been reported, but wondering what else I can do to make sure someone else doesn't have to deal with the scumbag. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Basically all you can do is open a dispute and hopefully get your funds back. 

Login to Me Too

disco_y2k
Contributor
Contributor

i have my own solution to those problems 🙂 but if you asked them not to contact you via your cellphone, you can contact FCC, Attorney General, and also your local police dept. and the police dept. in the city where the person lives

under the new homeland security laws in most states if the person made threats of physical harm the messages are considered terrorist acts and believe it or not are punishable by jail time..

may be worh looking into your states statutes if  the messages are threatening and you think the threats are serious

disco

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.