how do i use my paypal account in stores?

lost71
Contributor
Contributor
Hi im curious as to how to use my paypal account to pay at the checkout at target,sears,walmart,ect....????? Please if anyone can help me with this i would greatly appreciate all the information anyone can provide..Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

I see this topic still gets a lot of traffic, and because things change from time to time, I wanted to make sure that there was an updated answer to this thread.

The features for in-store payment are primarily available in the US, though we're always looking to expand our capabilities. You can visit the Help Center specific to your country by clicking Help at the bottom of the PayPal website after logging in, and search for "in stores" to see if there are offerings in your country. As new features are added, articles about those features are also added to the Help Center.

Please take a look at this article for some information about using PayPal to pay in stores in the US. There's also this page regarding the cards available in the US. The cards can be used in stores, though PayPal Credit cannot.

I hope this information helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hi lost71,

That is a great question. You can use PayPal to pay a few different ways in stores. You can apply for a PayPal Debit Card to use the money in your account, you can use PayPal check-in or some stores offer PayPal as a way to pay at checkout, you can use the PayPal app on your phone to locate the stores near you that accept PayPal as a way to pay or use this handy Store Locator tool to search.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this.

-Misty

Login to Me Too

Archena
Contributor
Contributor

How do you use PayPal at the checkout in those stores that take it? I found one site that said you use your phone number and a PIN but where do you register / get a PIN?

Login to Me Too

Archena
Contributor
Contributor

Never mind. The correct answer is Go to Account Settings> Security > PIN and set it up there. The option for PIN won't be there if you haven't registered and confirmed your mobile #. 

Yea!!!!

Login to Me Too

Archena
Contributor
Contributor

Mind you, it didn't work in the store. 

Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

brheil
New Community Member
Have you tried calling customer service?
Login to Me Too

dykema0908
New Community Member

@Archena wrote:

How do you use PayPal at the checkout in those stores that take it? I found one site that said you use your phone number and a PIN but where do you register / get a PIN?

Login to Me Too

please tell me how to use the paypal in store app?  it does not work at dollar general or anywhere else.  it asks for a code at check out and i put it in nand it gets declined.  at the register it does not ask for a pin #, phone number, all it asks is for a code and i put that in and nothing.  its getting frustrating!!!

Login to Me Too

emoe
New Community Member

have to download app to phone, app will give you retail stores that accept paypal, you choose the store and a one- time -use code will be given to you (4 digit code), use that code at checkout, worked at dollar general

Login to Me Too

Tee4ice
New Community Member
I had the same issue today at the mall, paying at dollar general works fine because it gives you a one time code; however Footlocker or Areo ask for your cell # and pin which I did but it kept declining! Very frustrating since I have more than enough in my paypal balance....am I doing something wrong??????
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.