What happened?

RobertKarl44
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a personal PayPal account since the Sun was a candle. I was recently told that I had to convert it to a business account. I have no business, and when insisted that I enter a business name I entered "I have No Business!" as my business name.

My question is, am I no longer able to have and fill a PERSONAL PayPal account? When I attempt to refill my account, up pops a screen that asks me for the name of my BUSINESS! I consider continuing this charade, but it the current environment, I do not want to violate any legal statutes that I am not aware of by "lying" about my alleged business.

It's simple. I just want to refill my personal account. Period. I do not WANT a business account. How do I do this?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you cant log in because you dont remember your password and your old phone is gone,then you haveto call paypal.

May be ask them to close your account and mail you a bank check.

but what can the old account be,if you have been using the other account and Paypal wants you to convert to business?

We used to have 2 accounts-one is personal and cannot accept credit card and the other is premier which we can use our credit card.

now we have just business and personal,both can use and accept credit card payments.

there is also a business account then for those who have a business and they register under business name,

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You do have a business name ,it is called 'I have no business; or whatever you called it.

so when it asks you t o enter businessname,then just enter that.

Login to Me Too

RobertKarl44
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for your responses. I will call them tomorrow.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.