Debit card use

JasonsNaNa
Contributor
Contributor

I have been  gone  from PayPal a LONG  time and have forgotten how the debit card works...  I  find I can not add it to my list of cards and I  am wanting to make it so I can use the money off the card rather than having it  go to my bank account. Is my  money ready on  card when it comes in or do I have to do something else with it ?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

which debit card?

Login to Me Too

JasonsNaNa
Contributor
Contributor

The Pay Pal Card I  ordered just  after resetting my  account Just   debit not credit

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal has 2 debit cards,one is Paypal business debit card which taps your paypal balance backed by bank fund,it is not working too well these days,many of us have found out,our card is declined in stores despite the fact we have plenty in paypal account and bank fund.

the other is a paypal prepaid debit card which is also a master card.

it sounds like you have the former.

you do not have to link it,you can track its activities in your paypal account-debit card,there are daily ATM limits and spending limits.

if it is new,did they ask you to activate it?

Login to Me Too

JasonsNaNa
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it is business, Yes I  activated it,  Should I  apply  for the  prepaid? And how  do I  apply  for prepaid. Business was what I was offered  I  do  surveys and  my  goal is to  save enough on the card to buy a washer (  not that   that  info is important but I need to  protect the funds in it since not spending it soon)

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you are selling to save enough to buy a washer,and keep the sales proceed in your paypal account,then it should be safe.

of course if some buyer files a dispute or chargeback on something they bought from you,then Paypal will withhold that amount until dispute is settled.

you can transfer the money to your bank account if it is linked to your paypal account or ask Paypal to send you a bank check(fee applied) or use this debit card to buy the washer,if you use it as a credit card,Paypal will give you a 1% cash rebate.

some merchants like AMZN recognises this is a debit card and would only let you use it as a debit card,but most merchants will not mind.

1% rebate on a washer is enough to buy you a cup of coffee somewhere!

you can also withdraw cash with this debit card at any ATM,but fee would apply and daily ATM limit is 400 and daily spending limit is $3k

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal prepaid debit card,it has its own website,you buy a card,pay $4.95 or $1 more in store ,then go to that site to register,link with your Paypal ACCOUNT and you can move money between them,but you pay $4.95 a month fee.

It seems to be popular with folks who do not have a bank account or would rather not use their bank account.

why pay $4.95 a month if you have a bank account and a bank debit card? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.