Problem redeeming reward points

andi931
New Community Member

I have enough points to redeem but when I click on Gift Cards or Merchandise, nothing happens -

Is there another site to redeem my points?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated !!

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

turningwater
New Community Member

It is super easy!!!  Just log into paypal - Click on "Wallet" - Click on "MasterCard Extras" - Click on "View Rewads" - and you are exactly where you want.  You will have the choice of merchandise, cash back, travel, gift cards!!!  Golden

Login to Me Too

DrD78
Contributor
Contributor

@turningwater wrote:

It is super easy!!!  Just log into paypal - Click on "Wallet" - Click on "MasterCard Extras" - Click on "View Rewads" - and you are exactly where you want.  You will have the choice of merchandise, cash back, travel, gift cards!!!  Golden

You are right so far.  That is same information I was given two days ago when I called PayPal asking how to get to redemption site since I had already had some points forfeited due to time limitations apparently, and in one month due to have more forfeited.  I knew nothing even about the reward points until two days ago.  Anyway, the reason for my reply is that when I go through the steps you have reported (and PP staff had given me also), and then click on one of the options, the program just cycles me back to the "view rewards" page.  I notice multiple complaints similar to this that the site does not work well.  I wonder why PP doesn't correct these problems since I am not the only one having such.  This is one way apparently for PP to not have to redeem these reward points....just make the redemption page not work, and time will run out, and they can then take points away from you without redeeming them.  Do you know of a remedy for this issue?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi DrD78,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to redeem these rewards. If you haven't already, I recommend clearing your cache and cookies or using a different internet browser to see if this helps to resolve the issue. 

You'll then want to follow these steps to redeem your point balance:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Wallet at the top of the page.
  3. Click Extras Card under "Summary". 

If you continue to experience these difficulties after giving that a try, I recommend reaching out to our teams directly at 1-888-221-1161 or on Twitter or Facebook for additional assistance. 

-AshleyP

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Temp20220301zq
Contributor
Contributor

I am having similar problem.   My 6000 redeemed points gone, but no Paypal $50 credit.  I have called many times over the past 3 weeks.  No estimate when they will resolve it.

I guess Synchrony Bank took over the rewards program from Paypal, but they have not worked out all the problems yet.

PayPal customer service is not able to help either - they say it is Synchrony Bank issue.

Login to Me Too

DrD78
Contributor
Contributor

Same problems here, my friend.   I have just written another post with same complaint which has never been handled appropriately.  I think Pay Pal should divest themselves of any association with Synchrony Bank.  Several businesses in this area (Oklahoma) are also using Synchrony Bank to handle their charge accounts.  I never fail to tell them what I think about Synchrony Bank.  As far as I'm concerned, Synchrony Bank should come under investigation by some entity with the authority to shut them down, or put fear of closing in them to get them to do what they are supposed to be doing.  Apparently Pay Pal, even hearing of all the complaints about how they are handling the Rewards Points isn't applying any pressure on them to straighten up their process.  They are simply deleting people's rewards after a certain time period, therefore ROBBING people of earned discounts.  It should be stopped.  I would love to see Synchrony Bank get stuck with a huge class action lawsuit over this kind of business practice.

Login to Me Too

DrD78
Contributor
Contributor

Once again, I have tried to see if I can "redeem" any "points" I may have accumulated with Pay Pal purchases (fat chance it seems).  Earlier recommendations of 1) logging into PayPal 2) clicking on wallet 3) clicking on MasterCard Extras 4) click on View Rewards will not work because there is NO Master Card Extras button to click on.

More recent method that I am replying to with this message gave these instructions from moderator PayPal_AshleyP

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Wallet at the top of the page.
  3. Click Extras Card under "Summary". 

Note that these instructions state to go to "Summary", however this does not give any information about these so called Reward Points.  Has the program been discontinued by Synchrony Bank (I have little faith in Synchrony Bank's operations--none of this Rewards program has worked for me nor a lot of other posters in this site).  I believe Pay Pal should divest themselves of doing any business with Synchrony Bank!

Can the questions I've brought up here be answered by anyone at Pay Pal?  It doesn't seem like it is possible.  When I spoke with a Pay Pal representative in the past, they denied they could do anything about these problems since this program was handled entirely by Synchrony Bank.  For this reason, Pay Pal should dump their association with Synchrony Bank.  Synchrony Bank's poor handling of their web site for this program only makes Pay Pal look bad!

Login to Me Too

Concerned3
Contributor
Contributor

there is no longer any link to redeem rewards at all

synchrony bank is robbing american users 😞

Login to Me Too

Concerned3
Contributor
Contributor

my apologies.  a live chat agent was finally able to tell me correctly that the rewards would be available after my latest payment got posted to my credit card, since the monthly interest charge had put it over the credit limit.  many thanks to that intelligent live chat agent for synchrony bank/paypal.  i would remove my post above, but it is not an option in the forum software, as far as i know.  i do feel my post was justified, since many agents were unable to help me over the phone, from both the synchrony bank AND the paypal sources.  live and learn. peace.

Login to Me Too

DrD78
Contributor
Contributor

I certainly hope you are successful in getting benefit of your "Reward Points", but I certainly wouldn't hold my breath waiting on Synchrony Bank (or Pay Pal) to honor them appropriately.  Synchrony apparently has been robbing PayPal clients on a routine basis, and should be sanctioned.  I'd love a big class action lawsuit, but unfortunately it appears that with those, the lawyers are the big winners, and the victims get little in return for their being robbed by businesses such as Synchrony (with Pay Pal as an accomplice apparently),

Login to Me Too

KTer

I don't have a MASTERCARD EXTRAS in my wallet to click on and Im losing points every month

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.