Prepaid Paypal Debit Mastercard, Transfer money from paypal to card????? Won't let me?

vbright2010
New Community Member

Hi, I went out and bought the prepaid paypal debit MasterCard today thinking I would be able to get home and activate it to transfer money from my paypal account to the card in real time like the site states. Also the back of the card package says "Transfer money from your Paypal account by visiting paypal.com/prepaid." I did that and the card is activated and the card is on my paypal account under credit cards. But when I go to transfer money only my bank account shows up not the card. Why can I not use it??  Also I can not be approved for the MasterCard paypal card, was denied by the way. That is why I am going with the prepaid debit paypal card. Also the card is confirmed under the my cards page.

Any help would be helpful. Also, I read somewhere about adding the Bancorp routing number and your account number to get direct deposit but when I try to find my account information on the page it does not show the area in gray with the acct number like the help page said. Do I have to do that to be able to transfer money from paypal to card?

Really confused. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

Login to Me Too
148 REPLIES 148

michele92xo
New Community Member
I just been trying to do this today and yesterday, well for one I talked to like 5 different people and 3 said different things. to be able to transfer money to the prepaid you need to link it as a bank account not on your credit cards. Also it may not let you if your number isn't registered to the person receiving the bill. (I'm 22 and mom pays my phone) so I can't link accounts since I don't receive the bill and isn't in my name. I had to have my mother do it for me so I can use paypal. if you go on your prepaid account you can find the routing number and account number and then add it 🙂
Login to Me Too

schultzm
New Community Member

Unfortunately Paypal website does not teach us how to load your Paypal account using Prepaid Paypal Master Card.  It only shows Green Dot, Money Pack or using your Bank Balance.  

To load your Paypal Account using a Paypal Prepaid Card, go to stores like Walgreens and CVS to purchase this Paypal Mastercard.

Take the loadable Paypal card to the cashier with the amount you wish to load it with, and pay a fee of $3.95 as of this  and writing..The cashier will then load the prepaid card and will give this to you with a receipt.

To add the funds to your Paypal account:

You must first go to a different website, NOT your Paypal log in website.  The website for this purpose is  www.paypal-cash.com

or www.paypalmycash.com

You will then be prompted to enter the 10 digit pin number.  You get this by scratching the back of the prepaid Paypal card to display the pin number.

You will then be brought to a new window that pops up.  It will ask for your Paypal email address and Paypal Password.

A new screen will show the amount you deposited to this prepaid card.

You wil then be prompted to click LOAD to add to your Paypal Account.  You are DONE.  

Click,Check your balance shown by the window to your right,  if you wish to check the new balance.

It is that simple.

If you are confused call Paypal directly and someone should be able to help and guide you through the process at

Login, Click "Contact", Click "Call Us" during regular office hours.

Login to Me Too

billycollins867
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same problem unable to take my funds from my account and put on my prepaid card i just go around and around like a donut hole 

Login to Me Too

NuStuff
Contributor
Contributor

I called, and they walked me through it. Once you get it working, you'll find that there is a $300 per day limit on transfers. For unknown reasons, I could only transfer $250 the first day.

Login to Me Too

Datdoctor
New Community Member
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! My fiance and I have been trying to figure this out for 2 days! We called and they said the account was linked but when we tried to transfer 300 it gave us an error. Instead of calling again I googled it and 30 min later saw your comment and tried it and it works!!! We transferred 250 and will do the rest tomorrow! Thank you again!!!
Login to Me Too

Cola32
Contributor
Contributor
When I go to transfer say it cannot be made contact customer service I have and haven't gotten anywhere
Login to Me Too

Jtruss
New Community Member
How did you get it to work im stuck 16.5hrs from home im having the same issue what could it be it wont let me transfer funds to my card
Login to Me Too

Roger1231
New Community Member

I'm trying figure out  how to transfer money from my PayPal account to PayPal master prepaid card 

when I try to it wants to send it to my regular checking account  I can't seem to get nobody on the phone for help answering machine 

Login to Me Too

Barbie46
I have money in my account but it's not letting me transfer it to my card
Login to Me Too

Barbie46
I have money in my account but , it's not letting me transfer it to my card.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.