Prepaid Paypal Debit Mastercard, Transfer money from paypal to card????? Won't let me?

vbright2010
New Community Member

Hi, I went out and bought the prepaid paypal debit MasterCard today thinking I would be able to get home and activate it to transfer money from my paypal account to the card in real time like the site states. Also the back of the card package says "Transfer money from your Paypal account by visiting paypal.com/prepaid." I did that and the card is activated and the card is on my paypal account under credit cards. But when I go to transfer money only my bank account shows up not the card. Why can I not use it??  Also I can not be approved for the MasterCard paypal card, was denied by the way. That is why I am going with the prepaid debit paypal card. Also the card is confirmed under the my cards page.

Any help would be helpful. Also, I read somewhere about adding the Bancorp routing number and your account number to get direct deposit but when I try to find my account information on the page it does not show the area in gray with the acct number like the help page said. Do I have to do that to be able to transfer money from paypal to card?

Really confused. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

Login to Me Too
148 REPLIES 148

sugarcookie
New Community Member

IM SORRY TO SAY WE ALL HAVVING THE SAME THING GOING ON WITH OUR PREPAID CARD I CANT TRANSFORD MONEY I CALLED THEY SAID IT WOULD WORK IN A HOUR I WAIT TELL THE NEXT HOUR STILL NOTHING IM VERY VERY UNHAPPY I WANT MY MONEY ...PAYPAL THANKYOU I WANT TO GO SHOPPING

@vbright2010 wrote:

Hi, I went out and bought the prepaid paypal debit MasterCard today thinking I would be able to get home and activate it to transfer money from my paypal account to the card in real time like the site states. Also the back of the card package says "Transfer money from your Paypal account by visiting paypal.com/prepaid." I did that and the card is activated and the card is on my paypal account under credit cards. But when I go to transfer money only my bank account shows up not the card. Why can I not use it??  Also I can not be approved for the MasterCard paypal card, was denied by the way. That is why I am going with the prepaid debit paypal card. Also the card is confirmed under the my cards page.

Any help would be helpful. Also, I read somewhere about adding the Bancorp routing number and your account number to get direct deposit but when I try to find my account information on the page it does not show the area in gray with the acct number like the help page said. Do I have to do that to be able to transfer money from paypal to card?

Really confused. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

Login to Me Too

ElaineErvinsMom
New Community Member
I did the same today! You can't transfer finds bcuz its a temp card . You have to wait until your permanent card comes one mail. Stupid I know but that's what they told me
Login to Me Too

velvettop
New Community Member

What I'm seeing is that the actual personalized card may be needed in order to do this. Also, I had to go to the PP Prepaid Mastercard website and transfer from there. On the Prepaid Mastercard website, choose the "move money" tab, once the tab is selected, look to the right hand side, there will be a button that says: "Transfer From PayPal Account"--this is where it *should transfer money from your PayPal to your Prepaid Mastercard. I say *should because it currently won't allow me to transfer, and I'm guessing this is because I've not received and activated the personalized card. This process is labyrinthine and the product's advertisement was misleading.

The PayPal MasterCard should be concise and clear on when, and what, you can do with the temporary card versus the personalized card. It should declare that there are multiple limitations before the customer gets their personalized card.

I wish I had a full solution, but this is all the information I've researched and attempted at this time.

~Velvettop

Login to Me Too

Giants
Contributor
Contributor
Well we know how to do it and we have a personalized card. Ive used this card for several years snd have never had a problem with the transfers until recently as it is not working. I had to call both paypal and the paypal prepaid people and none of them were able to solve the problem. It is ridiculous. Both departments said nothing was wrong on my account yet I have been unable to transfer my funds. I find this completly unacceptable and closed my card immediately. I gave them a chance to fix the issue and they did not. It is obvious that hundreds of others are experiencing this same issue and yet paypal has done nothing to solve it. I would suggest to just close it as it is not working. Plus the $4.95 monthy fee was a bit high.
Login to Me Too

Bostonmason
Contributor
Contributor
How do I transfer money from my PayPal account to my prepaid PayPal MasterCard?
Login to Me Too

lavefold
New Community Member

I would recommend anyone seeking a Prepaid Card to go elsewhere, this is my second card with Paypal and their service is the worst and their customer service is just as bad.

The first card they didn't transfer the money from my paypal to the card, it took days, then I come to find out that I didn't have immediate access to my own money, so I had to borrow until I could finally use my card. For a card that is attached to the same company it takes too long. I called Customer service for help and they were useless, I called and cancelled the card and closed the account. 

I got new card trying it again, here I am with a similar issue, I tried out the Direct Deposit that they push so hard for us to use, so I did. The funds came from a third party to my prepaid card, which is linked to my name and my business name on Paypal. They put the funds on hold and emailed me about it.

I called as per the email to release my funds, after verifying that the business is mine and both names are on the account. No problem I was told, funds will be release in 6 hours, this was at 11AM, by 5:30PM I'm on the phone again because of course, NO FUNDS. Finally get Custmer service on the line (7PM) and tells me that the funds were actually never released and they were SENT BACK to the sender. 

So now, I've been lied to by customer service, have no funds to my name for yet another day (took forever to get the money transferred to paypal) and now still on hold trying to get the liar from earlier fired while I go ask someone to borrow money again because Paypal prepaid has failed me again.

WARNING GO ELSEWHERE!!!!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I dont understand why you guys insist on paypal or walmart prepaid debit card which carries a fee each month,when life is much simpler with a bank account.

you can link paypal with bank account,it may not have a monthly fee,you get a debit card free for ATM withdrawl or shopping,you may get some interest income ?

and coming to your neighbor hood soon,for those who think bank transfer is too long,Paypal will soon allow us to link a debit card so we can transfer faster.

you wanna add cash ,go to the bank and see the teller or just deposit the cash and the slip and drop it off the box outside.

Unless you have specific reason why a bank account is not a good idea?

Login to Me Too

Amonat77
When your tryong to transfer money from your paypal account to your paypal prepaid debit card and it says transfer cannot be completed at this time if it keeps happening contact customer service and then let me guess they do nothing! BUT WE FOUND A WAY TO FIX IT!!! Just keep trying to transfer the money to the card, dont give up, the first time my biyfriend had to do it 60 times in a row or more, but after that only a few times in a row, it was the definition of insanity ( look it up) but we did get different results, after multiple tries, so just keep resubmitting people it WILL eventually go through to your card! Happy typing!
Login to Me Too

2015harley
Contributor
Contributor

You cant do it with the one you buy at the store , you have to get that one then call and get the permanent card the ones you buy are temporary, I have one that they sent me and other than the daily and monthly transfer limits I have had no issues.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.