Paypal Working Capital --- Online Application Not Working

BBFYM
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else having a problem with the Paypal Working Capital online application not working.  I have filled out the form completely only to click the "View my offer" button to be told that I need to fill out the form completely.  I am completely dumbfounded by this as I am an IT person by profession and Paypal won't return any of my requests for help with this issue.

Login to Me Too
238 REPLIES 238

iExpertStudio

Hmm, well they loaned me 3x that amount.  Twice already

Login to Me Too

crystallake1958
Contributor
Contributor

Well, after 2 successfull loans, I was declined for my third. Called and they didn't give me any reason, but "try again next week."

Not one dispute on my record, nor any returns

Sales were up this past year

5-star rating Power Seller

All my automatic payments were made

Login to Me Too

Cyber-dawg
Contributor
Contributor

Very similar situation here and it seems like they are having a lot of glitches with their application system. I know there are no humans involved in the process, it is a computer program. I wouldn't be surprised if the same software engineers that build the government websites maybe involved with this one (ha ha). I can see no logical reason why I was turned down because as with you, sales were up, had no chargebacks or disputes, I paid it back early.

I suspect, and this is just an opinion, is happening is either gross incompetence in the software engineering or the lender or the account servicer may possibly be having financial problems. When you see this type of behavior from a lender in a real life brick and mortar bank, it usually means the bank is over extended and has no money to lend but will never actually admit to this.  

Login to Me Too

OggyIgel

I tried 3 times to get a loan and was declined each time earlier this month on the basis that I didn't meet requirements.

My letters came in a few days ago and the reason was I didn't meet sales requirements. Fair enough. I certainly didn't make 20k in the last 3 months, though I've easily made it over the last 12.

I think something changed though, because I've been seeing ads for it a lot more on the PayPal site. Cookies possibly, but I figured I'd try a fourth time...

This time around, I wasn't auto-denied, but instead received the message my information couldn't be verified.

It figures!

...and doesn't make sense since I've given all my personal information and scanned copies thereof to PayPal in the past. Is it a bug or?

Login to Me Too

crystallake1958
Contributor
Contributor

That's weird. My first 2 loans I made anywhere from 15-20k annually. Not just in 3 months. I wonder if I just don't make enough with the new changes? 

Login to Me Too

Cyber-dawg
Contributor
Contributor

Something has definately changed, the letters I received gave reasons for the decline that were not accurate.  On at least half  a dozen occasions when I have called customer service they tell me the system is down because of some glitch they encountered and tell me to try again later. This sounds like, in my opinion, the failing bank syndrome in the past, when banks begin to fail and can't loan money they aren't truthful with the borrower or applicant and try to make out like its the borrowers problem and that they are the reason for the declined application. You tell the bank I have less expenses, more income, and my credit score is the same so whats the problem? They don't want you to know its their problem and not yours.  I suspect thats a lot of what is going on here, in my opinion, if thats not the problem , in my opinon, it has to be gross incompetence on the part of the software engineers and programmers.

Login to Me Too

2010sinclair
Contributor
Contributor
Well this my Opinion , We all should be grateful regardless its not many companies will give that kind of money AT ALL.. IF WE ALL walked in a bank we may get and may not . Banks ain't risking it , but with pay pal we got 1 maybe a few more shots at a Loan ... So I was lucky to get 3k i am completely grateful . If I get another lovely , if I get again beautiful . If I get denied Thank you for giving me a chance . We all should feel the same
Login to Me Too

SELLERTIME
Contributor
Contributor

Now getting a error message..just finsihed paying off a loan..so I said lets try for another..got the whole way through , got a decent amount approved and then a error message comes up!! I was like holy sh@t!! what happened!?? Now it doesnt even let me look at my old loan I just paid off..did this ever happen to anyone else?? great product but very frustrating!!

Login to Me Too

Cyber-dawg
Contributor
Contributor

One more thing I have noticed that Paypal has done in the past several weeks besides restricting Working Capital Loans. Paypal has removed the links from the website so that you can no longer request a credit line increase on smart connect and bill me later. They have also removed the credit limit option from their automated phone system. Something smells fishy.

Login to Me Too

2010sinclair
Contributor
Contributor
I feel they are still working out 💥
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.