PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, this thread is here for questions about the product. If you're in the initial limited release and have experience with the card reader, please feel free to ask or answer questions in this thread. If you have questions about how PayPal Here works, please feel free to post them here too.

Before asking a question, please take a look at the PayPal Here FAQ, and read through the previous questions in the thread. Your answer may already be available! 🙂

Feedback posts should be made in the Feedback about PayPal Here thread in the Your Voice forum. If your post was moved from this thread, please look for it there. Thank you! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
635 REPLIES 635

Charlie1220
Contributor
Contributor

I have a brand new Motorola Razr Maxx HD. The paypal Here app loaded fine, and when the card reader is inserted it says everything is ready to scan a card. I have tried swiping 3 cards (2 Visa and 1 Amex), but only get a "try again" message. What am I doing wrong?

Login to Me Too

fancie
Contributor
Contributor

I downloaded the app on my Samsung and logged into PayPal Here.  But it won't let me enter my full ss# before it shuts completely down and throws me to my home screen.  I've tried several times.  What do I do to get comfirmed?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

obd2
New Community Member

I entered a sale on my PayPalHere but it did not charge the credit card. It now appears in my Sales History and when I click on it, it freezes my Evo 4g LTE. I did an uninstall and reinstall but the same thing happened. I would like to get rid of this Sale History. How do I edit this record? Or at least ZERO it out.

Login to Me Too

dmkinney
Contributor
Contributor

Uncompleted sales cannot be deleted in PayPal Here. Accountants would say that they are part of the "audit trail." they do you no harm.

Login to Me Too

MassageINDY

"Please wait while we verify funds" followed by "unable to process payment. please hand card back to merchant."

I have not had a single swiped transaction be successful. This is what i get each time, and yes the card used has value available for this $1 transaction. 

I am using a Samsung phone with the most updated app downloaded just now before trying again.

ideas?

Login to Me Too

dmkinney
Contributor
Contributor

Check on the PayPal website, but I think the minimum transaction is over a dollar. This may be causing the problem.

Login to Me Too

mgfranz
Contributor
Contributor

You say that the HTC ENV 4G is a compatible Andriod device, however when I go to download the app, it says that my phone is not compatible.  I am running version 4.0 on my phone, why is it uncompatible?  I use Sprint as my carrier.

Login to Me Too

lou1974
Contributor
Contributor

Card reader out of box will not read ANY CARDS

Droid 2 Global

Droid 2.0

app 1.4.0

Login to Me Too

MrCatPC
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, lou1974: Is your card reader recognized by PPH app, indicating ready status for reading a card swipe? I installed the app a week ago & received the device this weekend, but this reader has yet to be recognized by the app in any way. I see my phone is on the official list of supported devices (ASSUMING "DROID2" INCLUDES ALL DROID2 SERIES DEVICES FROM VERIZON, OF COURSE) & I'm not using any protective case that would keep the headphone jack from making full contact... I'm trying for 1st time with Motorola Droid 2 R2D2 Edition (Model A957) which is in many ways similar to your Droid 2 Global (Moto A956), running Android OS 2.3.4 a.k.a. Verizon's Android v622. Upon unplugging the reader, Android does a toast notification "headphones disconnected." And I'm seeing the stock Music app engage playback and pause with the plugging & unplugging, too, so I suspect maybe there's a problem with the headphone jack on my DROID2, a music app interference, or some other setting preventing this from working in PPH. Upon reading these several pages & Googling my way freshly right back to your post on Page 30 here, I've now uninstalled the PPH app, redownloaded from G Play Market, and will reboot before opening the app for setup. I'll post my results here whether this works or continues to fail. Meanwhile, any other Droid 2 series owners having good or bad experiences? Maybe I need to drag this to a separate thread on the forum?
Login to Me Too

RonWC

I have the same phone Droid 2 Global and I cannot get the card reader to work. When I use the practise swipe feature it doe not see any of my swipes and then after 3 tries it puts the phone in sleep mode and will not stop doing that until I unplag the dard reader.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.