PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, this thread is here for questions about the product. If you're in the initial limited release and have experience with the card reader, please feel free to ask or answer questions in this thread. If you have questions about how PayPal Here works, please feel free to post them here too.

Before asking a question, please take a look at the PayPal Here FAQ, and read through the previous questions in the thread. Your answer may already be available! 🙂

Feedback posts should be made in the Feedback about PayPal Here thread in the Your Voice forum. If your post was moved from this thread, please look for it there. Thank you! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
635 REPLIES 635

Dumaine
Contributor
Contributor

@Concertinian wrote:
I am a touring musician based in Canada but playing frequently in the US. Will it be possible to use the card reader in both Canada and the US? Square only allows their reader to be used in the country where the account is registered. No good to me.

I have not seen a response from Paypal on this topic in months. You might want to call or email them about your concern.

Login to Me Too

Concertinian
Contributor
Contributor

I just received a reply from PayPal. Apparently the rules are the same. You can't use the card reader outside the country where your account is registered. This makes the whole thing useless to me.

Login to Me Too

Panther_W_V
Contributor
Contributor

I have the Card Reader.. Love the look and Design.. 

I just have never been able to use it.. The app refuses to let me log in. For that matter i cant log in on Here or Paypal APPS

I would love to be able to use the apps and the Here card reader just to bad i cant.

Login to Me Too

mk52
Contributor
Contributor

Today paypal work with Ukraine, but android app still  unavailable in google play for my country. Who known why?

Login to Me Too

audia7
Contributor
Contributor

I am having problems applying for the paypal extras mastercard.  when I fill out the information I get an error messaging stating that  there is information missing.

it doesn't highlight anything and I've including all the information

Anyone else have this problem

Login to Me Too

kiki6462

I gave a refund to a customer and it says it is completed in my account. Her account says it didn't go through.  What can I do?  None of the resolution buttons apply to this. Thanks, kiki

Login to Me Too

ArchServers

Call paypal immediately. They will be able to give you a definent answer as to if it has been successfully refunded into your clients account.

Login to Me Too

Windowtron
New Community Member

I've been trying to sign up for PayPal Here for the last three days and I keep getting a notice that they're having technical problems.

Login to Me Too

dlmgolf
Contributor
Contributor

I think I figured it out.  I spent about 30 minutes with my new card reader.  The trick, at least for me, is to slide card through and then back through the reader. I should say, not completely through so the card comes out of the reader, but just til you can feel the pressure release as the card come out of the mag stripe reader mechanism, then pull it back through.  It seems to work about 4 out of every 5 times this way.   It's worth a try.

Login to Me Too

dlmgolf
Contributor
Contributor

I think I figured it out.  I spent about 30 minutes with my new card reader.  The trick, at least for me, is to slide card through and then back through the reader. I should say, not completely through so the card comes out of the reader, but just til you can feel the pressure release as the card come out of the mag stripe reader mechanism, then pull it back through.  It seems to work about 4 out of every 5 times this way.   It's worth a try.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.