I made a mistake...

mtd0

Hello, I'm new here. I've been using PayPal for a bit now for personal purchases. I'm 17 years old and only today found out you must be 18 years old after purchasing a PayPal cash card. I spent 40 dollars on it thinking it would be a quick and easy process of just loading up my account with cash. I was asked to verify some data, I correctly inputted my address, last 4 digits of my SSN, and provided my full name. I also filled in my correct DOB, however when I hit enter it said I needed to be 18. I thought little of it and changed the year back one year. It continued however told me it was unable to verify my information and I need to provide photo evidence of documents I just don't have access to. I thought there was nothing else to do but attempt a refund but when I click on the provided link it just loops back and I go through the process of being denied access all over again. I want to come here before calling customer support because I already have quite a large headache and don't want to go through customer service before talking to the community first.

Any ideas?

I can provide answers to any questions.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mtd0

1. You should not have opened a paypal account underage.

2. When you found out you should not have lied about your age.

3. Now you have lied and you are unlikely to be able to verify an underage account your funds will more than likely be frozen and your account permanently limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No one can help you here.

Your acount is probably restricted,and after 180 days,Paypal will email you and tell you it will refund your $$ if there is any in your account.

as for the PAYPAL cash card,can you use it in store ? or give it to someone ti use it 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.