Scan check error - Unable to parse license data

Atlas
Contributor
Contributor

I get an error when I try to scan a check through the mobile app saying "Unable to parse license data".  When I was looking for solutions I noticed a few others had this problem too, but couldn't find any fix other than uninstall/reinstall which didn't help.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

GKF
New Community Member
Same issue here. I used the "Scan Check" feature successfully just two days ago, though...
Login to Me Too

CapnCrunch
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue here...please help us all paypal.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi all!

Our sincere apologies for the frustration this is causing. This is a known issue that our engineers are presently working on. I don't have an ETA at the moment, but I'm hopeful it will be fixed as soon as we possibly can.

Andy

Login to Me Too

MKordusky08
New Community Member

I too am having this same issue. I used this service with no issue exactly 2 weeks ago, and loved the service. However, I have spent over an hour today trying to figure out what was going on until I finally found this thread. Thank you for the information and your continued support toward resolution.

I hope that PayPal is able to resolve the issue in a timely manner as this is an amazing service!

Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

standuncan
Contributor
Contributor

Andy,

Thanks for getting back to us. And I hope you get this fixed as soon as possible. It has made my little business a mess. I ONLY take sales through PayPal (including "PayPal Here"). If you look through the forums, you'll see that people have been stricken with this for many months.

Stan Duncan

@PayPal_Andy wrote:

Hi all!

Our sincere apologies for the frustration this is causing. This is a known issue that our engineers are presently working on. I don't have an ETA at the moment, but I'm hopeful it will be fixed as soon as we possibly can.

Andy

Login to Me Too

standuncan
Contributor
Contributor

Andy, 

thanks, this saved my life. I'm doing a market tomorrow, and the thought of trying to make all of my sales through cash was scary. 

Stan

Login to Me Too

WDjoe
Contributor
Contributor

I also got this error today. I hope it is fixed soon.

Login to Me Too

WDjoe
Contributor
Contributor

This is a huge let down by Paypal. Do a google search and you will find that this issue has been going on for months now with some users.  This is totally unaceptable especially if you have a small business that relies on the check scan feature.

So basically when this is fix...who knows how long it will take....then we will scan our checks and wait upto another 14 days for the checks to clear.

Going to see if Paypal's competitors have a check scanning feature because if they do I will be switching if this is not resolved soon.

Login to Me Too

WDjoe
Contributor
Contributor

Yea! It's working again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.