PayPal Credit- shopping online, what am I missing?

MoonF
Contributor
Contributor

I feel like I must be missing something - how do I actually use PayPal credit for online retailers through PayPal shopping? When I get to check out I'm not seeing an option for PayPal credit, even when shopping through one of the retailers offering offers through PayPal. What gives? I shop online often more but I feel like I must be missing something.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Not all online stores accept PayPal Credit and some only accept regular and not PayPal Credit promotions.  Best to ask the online seller why not.

Login to Me Too

MoonF
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I guess my point is, I don't Understand why the list all of these retailers offering "offers" via PayPal shopping website, but then they don't even accept PayPal credit. Seems shady. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal shopping and PayPal Credit are 2 separate payment options; one is a direct payment purchase and one is credit purchase---not the same.

Login to Me Too

MoonF
Contributor
Contributor

Right, but when you're checking your PayPal CREDIT statement online, and there's a link to PayPal shopping to use it, one would think that they'd actually be able to for the retailers listed! Why would PayPal list a bunch of retailers that don't even take PayPal or PayPal credit ( I'm familiar with difference, thanks). 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You'll need to contact PayPal to get an answer to their business and marketing practices.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.