PayPal Credit Account Closed due to 'suspicious activity'. The activity was: TOO MANY PAYMENTS.

infernal123
Contributor
Contributor

I had a functioning BillMeLater account when out of nowhere BillMeLater/PayPal Credit stopped working, though I wasn't notified about it until I received a letter from PayPal saying I had failed to meet payment agreement.

I thought this was strange since I had actually submitted multiple payments and was well ahead of the six month grace period. Due to the extensive length of time PayPal takes to credit acounts I made sure to make payments with a 10 day advance.

In the meantime my default method changed, and overdrafted the Bank Account linked to PayPal ($34 each for ~$3 purchases = $136 in fees for 4 lunches).

Calling and emailing I received different stories based on whom I spoke with:

1) Your account was closed because you didn't pay on time. I pointed out that I had actually overpaid early. Response: Oh, that must be why your account was closed. Give it 7 to 10 days to resolve itself.

2) Your account was closed because you didn't pay on time. I AGAIN pointed out that I had paid EARLY. Reaponse: Oh, well we need two consecutive billing cycles (one month) before your payments are credited.

3) I insisted I speak with PayPal Credit. Response: Your account is open and valid. We verified by making a purchase at the Apple Store (as they suspected it may because I'm trying to pay to an unknown business). We don't know why PayPal itself doesn't show PayPal Credit as active. Please open a case with PayPal.

I tried opening online/email cases with PayPal. I received a couple of generic emails back, but nothing to address my issues.

When I try to apply for PayPal MasterCard I'm told that I can't because I have a PayPal Credit Account. When I try to use PayPal Credit, I'm told that it has been closed.

Reading through the other posts on the forums I see that people are having similar problems, but I not exactly the combo I have. Still waiting to hear from PayPal.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.