New Login "Experience" Not Working on my Mac

annemadison
Contributor
Contributor

For the past couple of weeks, I have had a lot of trouble logging in. I click login from the first "splash" page and am redirected to a login screen. I fill in my username and password, and PayPal hangs with the spinner, sometimes for two or three minutes, before dumping me back out at that infernal spash screen. Sometimes I can get in on the second or third attempt, sometimes I have to abandon my effort and try later.

I have received two messages, neither of them helpful:

1) I received a brief popup telling me to upgrade Silverlight which disappeared before I could read it, much less clidk on it.

2) This morning, my browser returned the message "Unable to establish a secure connection."

I am on a Macbok Pro running OSX and Safari. My username and password are correct. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi annemadison,

I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you have experienced while attempting to access our page and would be happy to assist you further.

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or try using a different internet browser. If you continue to experience this difficulty, please reach out to us directly by clicking on the 'contact us' link at the bottom of any PayPal page or on Twitter or Facebook for additional assistance.

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi annemadison,

I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you have experienced while attempting to access our page and would be happy to assist you further.

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or try using a different internet browser. If you continue to experience this difficulty, please reach out to us directly by clicking on the 'contact us' link at the bottom of any PayPal page or on Twitter or Facebook for additional assistance.

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

annemadison
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Ashley. I have cleared my cache and cookies, complying with instructions from your technical folks, and it hasn't been successful. I'll try another browser, Chrome, though I use Safari for everything else. 

Login to Me Too

objec
New Community Member

The same thing just happened to me on 5/30. PayPal needs to get this fixed immediatly and also create processes so that it never happens to anyone else again.

Futhermore for the login page (especially right after entering your username+password) there should never be any required download, expecially for things from companies like Microsoft!!!

Login to Me Too

chessbiz
New Community Member

Ashley,

Can you confirm that the Paypal web team even tests against Safari for Mac?  All of the recent features you've rolled out in the last year have worked terribly with it.  Specifically, the new My Accounts screen fails to finish loading, as does transactions.

Very frustrated.  Safari for Mac users are Paypal users too - I've been having to switch to Firefox once a day just to use Paypal - totally unacceptable and makes me use Paypal less.

Login to Me Too

mammamia
New Community Member

The same thing happened to me when I logged in it asked me to upgrade silverlight on my mac? Now its not letting me transfer my funds to my bank account.

Login to Me Too

annemadison
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to both Mac/Safari users for supporting me with this issue. I've begun avoiding PayPal as much as possible. That's not easy since I use it on my small e-commerce website. I'm now shipping directly via USPS to spare myself at least some of the aggravation.

I, too, would like to know if this stuff is ever tested on a Mac. I would also like some clarification on that fleeting Windows "Silverlight" message. Any Mac user of Netflix will tell you how difficult it is to upgrade Silverlight on a Mac, but at least the Netflix tech support people have some helpful hints. As it stands, I don't know if I need to upgrade or not. 

I have been a loyal PayPal user/supporter since 2000/2001, and while I don't have a huge business, it is important to me. I receive excellent support with other questions via phone or email. I am feeling pretty let down on this. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.