want to send personal payments to my daughter, who is currently staying in Brazil

hschmid
Contributor
Contributor

My daughter is currently staying in Brazil. 

When I want to send money from my email account (linked to my german bank account) to her,

I get the message

sorry the recipient can´t accept personal payments

what do I have to configure ?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

That would likely be a currency control measure implemented by Brazil.

Login to Me Too

hschmid
Contributor
Contributor

Are there any countries who can send money to Brasil ?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

is your Paypal account in Germany,where are y ou?

Login to Me Too

hschmid
Contributor
Contributor

I am German, living in Germany, in my profile is a German address and bank account

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is a 2011 thread of Paypal Canada member trying t o send money to Brazil,and get the same message like you, Paypal rep said change it to non personal payment and it should go thru.

worth trying

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@hschmid

Brazilian PayPal accounts cannot receive personal payments. The payment will need to be sent as a purchase and the recipient will be charged a payment receiving fee.

International payments: 7.4% + R$0.60 BRL

Domestic payments: 4.99% + R$0.60 BRL

Here is info posted by PayPal staff on this topic...

"As of June 21st, 2011 you cannot send personal payments to anyone in Brazil. This is to comply with banking regulations in Brazil, so while we would like to give you the option to send personal payments, we have to follow the rules. Your only option now is to send a payment for goods or services, which does include a fee."

www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sending-money-Archive/Why-I-am-unable-to-complete-personal-payments-to-a...

https://www.paypal.com/br/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_BR#exhibit_A

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.