"We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now."

LucasKami
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to send the amount of 199.1 to a friend, however I keep getting the same exact error each time. Not only that, but last night when I was sent more money, the balance stood the same of 199.1 when it should have been around 210. I was sent these payments last night which did not affect my balance at all.

0.20 USD

10.00 USD

It says my sending limit is 500, but it is odd because I can't send or increase my current 1991. Anyone know a solution?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Champion10
Contributor
Contributor

*SOLVED*!! 

if you tried all the previous and did not work for you, just have whoever you're sending money to a send a "Request money" invoice.  Voila!  solved!! 

I was trying for 2-3hrs and couldn't get "Send Money" to work.  I was getting the "We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now." message too.  I tried EVERYTHING!  Then I just had the other person send a "Request money" and worked like a charm.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This seems to be a common issue if you're account is not verified.  As policies do change, you can always follow-up by contacting customer support for assistance.

Login to Me Too

LucasKami
Contributor
Contributor

I just called customer service and they have told me that the issue was solved. However I'm still getting the error once I tryt to send money. My friend who is also unverified has the Paypal Balance of 500 and is able to send money like nothing. Last night I was able to recieve and send money up until once payment did not increase my paypal ballance at all. This is not only happening with one account, but another account of mine has the same issue.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

From our experience, the issue can either be the result of a system glitch or an unverfied account.  Most of the time, it seems to be related to unverified accounts regardless of amount limits the system says you have.

Login to Me Too

diasporicspire
New Community Member

I've been encountering the same error-message issue for the past week, so I finally called Customer Service. I just got off the phone with a representative (who had a charming – but confusing – accent) who told me that the PayPal security system had simply identified my request as a potential high-risk transaction and blocked it. I tried several times to send about USD 200 to a friend, which doesn't readily qualify as "high-risk" in my mind... but what do I know? 

The representative told me that my attempted transactions did indeed appear on his screen, but none of them had gone through because of this security mechanism. He also told me that the security mechanism is supremely vague, not even divulging the reason for blocking a transaction, but he reassured me that it had nothing to do with my transaction history specifically. Apparently, it's just some strange formula that spits out a "high-risk" label. 

(My PayPal account and bank account have been verified; the sending limit wouldn't come into conflict with this amount. I have received payments through PayPal before, but I've never sent any money. Maybe I should break the payment down into little doses and see what happens...) 

He then tried to force the transaction to go through from his end, to no avail. He apologized for the annoyance and recommended that I attempt a normal deposit (without PayPal, though I don't think he outright said the words "without PayPal"). Then he wished me a happy new year. The end. 

Login to Me Too

fstgulf
New Community Member

why i cant send money or pay any thing

i have money in my account ??????????

Login to Me Too

Lonk_Ducth
New Community Member

This is exactly what they told me! 

Login to Me Too

LaCasa

I had this same problem, was really annoying.

I read the reviews and saw loads of recommendations to call them up, so I did, they sorted it out withint 30 seconds of getting through to customer services.

They said that my previous payment was very small in comparison to the payment I was trying to make, therefore there was something on the system blocking me from making the payment, so they removed the block.

I clicked make payment while still on the phone to them (just in case), logged in to process the payment, went through successfully.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Champion10
Contributor
Contributor

*SOLVED*!! 

if you tried all the previous and did not work for you, just have whoever you're sending money to a send a "Request money" invoice.  Voila!  solved!! 

I was trying for 2-3hrs and couldn't get "Send Money" to work.  I was getting the "We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now." message too.  I tried EVERYTHING!  Then I just had the other person send a "Request money" and worked like a charm.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.