preferred payment method not being used for recurring payment

liroch
Contributor
Contributor

I have my credit card set up as my preferred payment method.  It has been this way for a long time.  However, when my monthly Hulu charge comes in, it always withdraws the money from my bank account instead of using the credit card. This has been going on for months.  Why and how can I fix this?  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi liroch,

Welcome to the community!

I'm happy to help! Please check to see which payment method is associated with the recurring payment by following the steps here. Is the desired funding method set correctly there?

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi liroch,

Welcome to the community!

I'm happy to help! Please check to see which payment method is associated with the recurring payment by following the steps here. Is the desired funding method set correctly there?

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

liroch
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! Do I need to re-do this step every time a new merchant is added? Is there a way to default this for future recurring payment merchants? Thank you!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Great question! If you click "Set available funding sources" on that page, you should be able to manage which funding methods would be able to be used. For fine tuning however, it would be best to check the preapproved payments screen again after setting up any new billing agreements.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.