Unsubscribed months ago but paypal kept paying them

PerfectBrownie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I subrscribed for a site but I unsubscribed a week after. However this is the first time that paypal actually continued to send money to them although I was a free memeber on their site. I issued a refund dispute on Wednesday,  25th January "item not received" which doesn't really match the situation but I didn't know what else to do. The seller didn't respond anything and the money was sent to them. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PerfectBrownie

You unsubscribed from the site but did you unsubscribe from your pre-approved payment on paypal?

Check here >>Click on your profile > payments > pre-approved payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PerfectBrownie
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't at the time six months ago and this is the first time I should have done that. I've unsubscribed easily from over 10 sites and I've never had to manually cancel the paymenst on paypal so that's what surprised me. I didn't even remember how to do that but I managed to do it by clicking on the payment that was about to be sent under the completed tab on myaccount/home summary > manage (company_name) payments > status > cance but it was too late apparently. Now I learned that the preapproved payments can be managed by >>settings gear icon > payments > manage pre-approved payments. The subscribtion was X€/3 months and I unsubscribed after a week but now six months later it paid them a second time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.