Unable to use Paypal for a variety of reasons that make no sense

notafan09
New Community Member

I was buying a TV from BestBuy and attempted to use PayPal. PayPal popped up a box that said it needed to text a phone and I needed to add a phone. I l already have a phone registered with PayPal-my only phone. I attempted to use that and the software kept telling me I could only use a phone registered in my name-which of course it is and always has been.

I contacted a service representative after enduring a lot of useless robotic questions  and got no where. Only an unintelligible answer. So I used a credit card. Meanwhile I received notification from a well-known online firm that an earlier purchase I made using PayPal had been fulfilled and was shipping.

Then I received a msg from PayPal saying my account had been locked for security reasons, but when I went to the PayPal site I was able to log on with no problem. I have no idea what is going on.

I used to use PayPal a lot and have not in some time but I have never encountered so many issues with what is supposed to be a service, not an irritation.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

GET YOURself a Paypal business debitc ard and use it as a credit card,if the store cannot detect it is a debit card,then Paypal will give you 1% cash rebate.

if is free and it taps your paypal fund backed by bank fund,but note the cash and daily limit,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.