Unable to Use PayPal Credit, Then I Was, Now I Can't Again

JDCLIPPER5
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Based on everything I have already read in the community (dating as far back as 2010) it is to my understanding that no one directly from PayPal may review this, so I am going to try and also send this as an email, even though I've discussed this issue now on more than three separate occasions with PayPal over the phone to no avail.

The first day I had the account I attempted to use it through both an online purchase at Walmart as well as Sending Money.  When I called to ask why I could not access my newly granted line of credit, absolutely no reason was provided other than the all encompassing, ambiguous rationale of a security system based on an algorithm, AI or what appears to possibly be a child at the helm, arbitrarily denying your attempts at utilizing the product you have agreed to to been serviced by.

I would like some form of actual information so that I can make an informed decision.  If PayPal is going to arbitrarily (since no one can give ANY insight) not allow me to use this at checkout or to send money, while staying within the terms of conditions (which apparently directly contradicts their "security system"), I'd like to know if my best bet is to just cancel my account and move on to a different provider?

If not, how long can I expect to be in the "denial loop" as the customer service agent told me over the phone, a loop they allegedly have no control over.  My problem is that this is contradictory.  As I mentioned previously, the first time I tried to use it, everything was denied.  When I called in I was asked very specific questions to confirm my identity.  Once this happened, I was able to use the service.  After 2 transactions I was back to being denied.  Once again I answered several specific questions, but this time I am still not able to use the service.

How was the initial agent able to lift any restrictions but at the same time not have any ability to manually review and/or override the system?

It would also be great to know whether this issue has anything to do with the recent DDOS attacks last month?  Because I know I am within the terms and conditions, and have actually not attempted anything I have not done before with PayPal.

The agent(s) on the phone were unable to provide any information other than trying different browsers and clearing cache/cookies, which seems odd as an actual possibly since I keep on being told that the payment processing is this complex beast, but hey clear your cookies and it'll be OK.

I am so disappointed with this service.  Myself, colleagues and family members decided to use PayPal, and after several issues experienced by everyone, which include several individuals who also have an actual PayPal Mastercard, I am just trying one last time to see if there is any explanation to any of my questions that will allow me to decide whether my best option is to actually move forward without any form of PayPal as I, and the individuals I previously mentioned, have no interest in wondering whether both business/personal transactions will go through, in a highly unreliable fashion.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Anthony.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal Credit will be displayed an an option when all risk models and merchant services come together at the time of purchase attempt.  You can't predict that offer.

If you need a payment sevice which is more predictable, a plastic credit card is a better option.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.