Transfer delay.

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

Last night I recieved a surprize gift from a freind in the U.S.. So, to keep things "even", I decided to do a "gift" fund transfer to him so he could buy himself something on boxing day sales. I used my bank account for the transfer, as I had the funds available already. Problem is, this morning I see the transaction is "pending", and it will not make the funds (that are in my account right now)  available to him until Jan. 9th!!!  Why so long for funds that are there? it was under the gift option, not a goods or service transaction. I have never had a delay in transfering gift money before, always used VISA though, is using a bank account causing the delay? Wanted him to have the funds tomorrow, NOT in two weeks!!!  John.  

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Kiyana09
I do know places that will seriously instantly send your money. I rather use Western Union then have to wait 1 to 3 days or longer when the money is needed ASAP I am a breeder this is a Inconvenience for me I rather have my owners mail or Western Union if I actually have to wait. Very misleading and it needs to be changed.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.