South African Guest Checkout

1827handmade
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I have a shop on Etsy, a few months ago, a South African buyer was able to use the Palpal guest checkout without creating an account.  But recently, when a South African buyer tried to do the same, once selecting "South Africa" in the guest checkout, it eliminated the option to NOT create an account, and their only option was to create one while making the payment.  Why is this?  If they selected "United States", the option to NOT create one returned.

Many South Africans don't have Paypal and are new to the service, so they prefer not to create one.  This is affecting my sales within South Africa so I just wanted to find out why this is happening.

Kind Regards,

1827handmade

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey 1827handmade,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble receiving payments from South African customers who don't have PayPal accounts. I would advise reaching out to us so that we can look into this more closely. Please contact us by going to the bottom of any PayPal page and clicking "Help & Contact." Thank you!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

1827handmade
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response, clicking on "Help & Contact" takes me to a page where I can email by choosing a topic and sub topic, except I don't know which topic this would fall under, so I chose "Sending and Recieving money", and when I did this procedure before, I chose something else it may fall under, both of which I think are the incorrect topics, I get an automated response with a mini FAQ based on my topic which doesn't help.  I need to speak to someone who can address this specific issue of mine.  How do I do this?

Kind Regards,

1827 Handmade

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.